Hitting out front

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
mannyramirez_000.gif

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Read the material in the link I posted before. Maybe that will clear things up for you because obviously I am not explaining myself very well..

Do you not think the brick wall( the body) and drywall ( kids body) doesn’t have merit while discussing why a ball goes farther if speed were equal?

come on we all have seen the biggest kid on the team w average bat speed crush it farther than anyone else right?

Jun 8, 2016
Do you not think the brick wall( the body) and drywall ( kids body) doesn’t have merit while discussing why a ball goes farther if speed were equal?

come on we all have seen the biggest kid on the team w average bat speed crush it farther than anyone else right?
The wall example you gave would be akin to comparing a foam bat swung at the same speed as a wood bat of the same weight.

Unless you can show me data that shows that the big kid actually has the same bat speed as the small kid I will go with the idea that the bat behaves as if it is free (e.g. ungripped) which is actually backed up by data in which case the mass of the hitter plays no part.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
The wall example you gave would be akin to comparing a foam bat swung at the same speed as a wood bat.

Unless you can show me data that shows that the big kid actually has the same bat speed as the small kid I will go with the idea that the bat behaves as if it is free (e.g. ungripped) which is actually backed up by data in which case the mass of the hitter plays no part.

the wall example is the body bracing for impact. Brick would be a grown man and drywall would be a 13 yo or so. I am not saying it plays a role in ‘hitting the ball’. It’s more about the stability of the structure to help repel the ball away. Less vibrations if you will. But if you don’t think there is a bat-body connection, I guess we’re done here. 😒

I wish I had some data bc there’s a BIG kid on every 14u team and under that crushes w average bat speed and only the best athletes on the team can barely keep up distance wise if at all.

Jun 8, 2016
the wall example is the body bracing for impact. Brick would be a grown man and drywall would be a 13 yo or so. I am not saying it plays a role in ‘hitting the ball’. It’s more about the stability of the structure to help repel the ball away. Less vibrations if you will. But if you don’t think there is a bat-body connection, I guess we’re done here. 😒

I wish I had some data bc there’s a BIG kid on every 14u team and under that crushes w average bat speed and only the best athletes on the team can barely keep up distance wise if at all.
The grip will have some damping effect on vibration.

In terms of the big kid I agree it does seem that way but the big kid typically has a lot less “going on” in their swing (smaller stride, etc) so the lower batspeed thing to me is more of a perception thing.

Again it is not only me making this argument there have been experiments which have been conducted which back it up.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
The grip will have some damping effect on vibration.

In terms of the big kid I agree it does seem that way but the big kid typically has a lot less “going on” in their swing (smaller stride, etc) so the lower batspeed thing to me is more of a perception thing.

Again it is not only me making this argument there have been experiments which have been conducted which back it up.

Thanks. If you don’t mind, please send me what you got in regards to the experiments you have read.

Jun 8, 2016
Thanks. If you don’t mind, please send me what you got in regards to the experiments you have read.
So you didn’t bother clicking the link I told you to look at 😉 That has a summary along with references to the studies used to create the summary.

May 23, 2015
Walls have zero momentum and zero velocity. I dug these up for you. It's all about linear momentum

Conservation of momentum

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd