Hitting Guru

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
NO! That would be transfer of weight forward! Im not gonna play semantics with you!

Ok transfer. Whichever you like. It’s a change of pressure.

You know Epstein has a drill where you step over a rope to... wait for it transfer/reposition/shift your weight.

Just sayin.😎 have a nice day D-up!

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Trout is a perfect example of the total opposite of what you are saying. Hes resisting the shift!

You are to far behind. I wont engage you

Your close, but not quite. He’s CONTROLLING the shift through positioning and sequencing.. through the middle. Resisting the shift would be muscling. We don’t want that.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
The deltoid drill is used by EVERY HITTING GUY regardless of what camp they are in! Its a VERY good drill if you know what you are doing with it!

Gluing your hands to the shoulder is NOT what the best do. How does one feel the core/rib cage separation then?

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Most of Howard Carrier's stuff was good. It seems to be getting distorted like many things over time. I have gone to a college camp that was taught Carriers stuff for many years. It kept being misrepresented to the point..... I don't go to that college camp no more.

TM is the master of go drills. Primarily command drill...which is his swing. imo. I have notes from prior to 2005 when he said...its not a style its about quickness. Maybe now he is trying to make it a style..don't know...don't care. The go drills for quickness is something that needed introduced to hitting training. Don't agree with some descriptors but the drills are useful. IMO

Agreed..Epstein missed the boat on that ww.

As EricF has said...learn something from them all.

D-up...i hope the WD you touted....adds measuring, 3D analysis and body movement principles to their content. Someone will take the best TTB info and Lower body/Torso and make it mainstream at some point. Might as well be them. Just enough with the esoteric descriptors already! JMO...OMV

Edit: spelling
If you have TM's thoughts from prior to 2005, you have his quotes when he was still at ETeamZ, Setpro, or one of the two sites I moderate. I have quotes from his with all of his different identities from JoeBad to ... You can bet he has promoted so many different philosophies. I have a private message from his welcoming me to Steve Englishbey's private website at about the time you mention. Then, two weeks later, he was thrown off that site. I have stated many times that many of his ideas are not his but taken from people like Donny Buster.

Per the deltoid drill, ideas about connection, ... you can find those thoughts in many of TMs stuff with the vocabulary changed. Vocabulary changes have been the key to trying to control the information while attacking those who point that out.

Sep 7, 2017
If you have TM's thoughts from prior to 2005, you have his quotes when he was still at ETeamZ, Setpro, or one of the two sites I moderate. I have quotes from his with all of his different identities from JoeBad to ... You can bet he has promoted so many different philosophies. I have a private message from his welcoming me to Steve Englishbey's private website at about the time you mention. Then, two weeks later, he was thrown off that site. I have stated many times that many of his ideas are not his but taken from people like Donny Buster.

Per the deltoid drill, ideas about connection, ... you can find those thoughts in many of TMs stuff with the vocabulary changed. Vocabulary changes have been the key to trying to control the information while attacking those who point that out.
Cannon

I ve said that a million times and if you read my previous posts I clearly say that a lot of what TM teaches is the same as what Epstein was teaching via Ted Williams years ago. TM has wrapped it up in verbiage, repackaged it and acts like hes invented some new swing!

The deltoid drill is a good drill.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Perfect example of what " knowing what youre doing with it" means.

The hands releasing during the shift/transfer is 2 fold, 1) it balances out the frontal plane movement and 2) creates an adjustable release point for the hands to release the barrel.

Epstein destroyed any chance for whip with his deltoid drill. The hands adjust and whip the barrel. Not the shoulders. That’s slow.

D, if your just gonna say I don’t know. Please back it up with some kind of theory or fact. I’m the only one adding content here. If not, I won’t engage you anymore.
Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go_Ask_Mom