Hitting Guru

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali

Here ya go D-UP.

If the bb moves there is a shift. Nothing you can do about that. See how Mike gets to his center before swinging? That’s a shift. That’s shift THEN swing by golly!

Hey you learn something new everyday! Well at least smart people do. That’s how one becomes smart correct?

Did you learn something new today D?

Jun 10, 2010
midwest
Most of Howard Carrier's stuff was good. It seems to be getting distorted like many things over time. I have gone to a college camp that was taught Carriers stuff for many years. It kept being misrepresented to the point..... I don't go to that college camp no more.

TM is the master of go drills. Primarily command drill...which is his swing. imo. I have notes from prior to 2005 when he said...its not a style its about quickness. Maybe now he is trying to make it a style..don't know...don't care. The go drills for quickness is something that needed introduced to hitting training. Don't agree with some descriptors but the drills are useful. IMO

Agreed..Epstein missed the boat on that ww.

As EricF has said...learn something from them all.

D-up...i hope the WD you touted....adds measuring, 3D analysis and body movement principles to their content. Someone will take the best TTB info and Lower body/Torso and make it mainstream at some point. Might as well be them. Just enough with the esoteric descriptors already! JMO...OMV

Edit: spelling

Sep 7, 2017
The only one I've seen was talking about turning back farther to generate more power - turn back, turn forward. That idea works for golf when there isn't a timing component, but not for baseball/softball. My biggest issue is that it's instruction that leads to rotation of the swing around the spine - turn harder! - which I don't agree with.

Yea that was bad. I just saw that. That was Dante in the demo! Not good IMO

Sep 7, 2017
Look up Lattas videos. He believes in getting to a 50/50 position at foot down, before swinging the bat. That would be a shift wouldn’t it?

Wallenbrock, my personal favorite believes the same. The body cannot stay back and hit very well. That’s TMs stuff.

So it’s shift before swing. Imo there are 3 shifts. Back leg, middle, front leg.

As far as Epstein. Hopefully he has revised. His deltoid pull-off, dead hands mechanics back in 2014 weren’t very good. As far as I know, he keeps all his stuff private. He HAD his chance to really create a monopoly as far as hitting instruction but the deltoid drill was his down fall. His system was incomplete.

NO! That would be transfer of weight forward! Im not gonna play semantics with you!

Sep 7, 2017
Look up Lattas videos. He believes in getting to a 50/50 position at foot down, before swinging the bat. That would be a shift wouldn’t it?

Wallenbrock, my personal favorite believes the same. The body cannot stay back and hit very well. That’s TMs stuff.

So it’s shift before swing. Imo there are 3 shifts. Back leg, middle, front leg.

As far as Epstein. Hopefully he has revised. His deltoid pull-off, dead hands mechanics back in 2014 weren’t very good. As far as I know, he keeps all his stuff private. He HAD his chance to really create a monopoly as far as hitting instruction but the deltoid drill was his down fall. His system was incomplete.

The deltoid drill is used by EVERY HITTING GUY regardless of what camp they are in! Its a VERY good drill if you know what you are doing with it!

Sep 7, 2017
Most of Howard Carrier's stuff was good. It seems to be getting distorted like many things over time. I have gone to a college camp that was taught Carriers stuff for many years. It kept being misrepresented to the point..... I don't go to that college camp no more.

TM is the master of go drills. Primarily command drill...which is his swing. imo. I have notes from prior to 2005 when he said...its not a style its about quickness. Maybe now he is trying to make it a style..don't know...don't care. The go drills for quickness is something that needed introduced to hitting training. Don't agree with some descriptors but the drills are useful. IMO

Agreed..Epstein missed the boat on that ww.

As EricF has said...learn something from them all.

D-up...i hope the WD you touted....adds measuring, 3D analysis and body movement principles to their content. Someone will take the best TTB info and Lower body/Torso and make it mainstream at some point. Might as well be them. Just enough with the esoteric descriptors already! JMO...OMV

Edit: spelling

Most data is BS!

We just had a MLB data guy at our camp. The analysis was a total joke!

Some of the girls that cant hit a lick where getting great feedback. It was ridiculous

All the dat can be manipulated and that's a fact. Never ever discount a good eye and never ever discount something that any of these vest and censors cant measure. AN ATHLETE!

Ive said it and ive said it again...you can get it done more than 1 way! You have to factor in the athletic ability part!

I see perfect swings that cant hit! Weak bodies or bad eyesight is measured by what hitting contraption.

Hitting is being changed by the young computer kids who don't wanna swing a bat!

The trades are suffering in REAL LIFE because the younger generation just wants to let a computer tell them what to do!

Im not buying! DATA to this date is not complete

Ill show you a 1243 kid that will outhit a 1234 kid all day everyday! Its bogus!

You can use some of the data but its all relative!

Carrier was and is a joke!

Sep 7, 2017

Here ya go D-UP.

If the bb moves there is a shift. Nothing you can do about that. See how Mike gets to his center before swinging? That’s a shift. That’s shift THEN swing by golly!

Hey you learn something new everyday! Well at least smart people do. That’s how one becomes smart correct?

Trout is a perfect example of the total opposite of what you are saying. Hes resisting the shift!

You are to far behind. I wont engage you

Sep 7, 2017

Here ya go D-UP.

Ive learned that I have no business talking hitting with you!

You are to far behind!

Good luck catching up!

Sep 7, 2017
My DD's hitting instructor shared a Stance Doctor video with me today. There was very little in the video that I agreed with. DD's HI and I shared the same opinion. That said, he might have other information that is valuable for some people.
In his defense. His kids do it!

Do you know where they are?

I always say theres more than 1 way.

Look at his son. He clearly IR his front shoulder. Hes in THE SHOW! 2 sons clearly doing what hes teaching!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying