Help with swing, 15YO SSDD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 20, 2010
I like what I see with this young lady Mandm.

Tee looks fine. She is still fighting the arm usage....because she's programmed to use them.
Contain the momentum,,,in other words when she absolutely trusts the development of it "behind the ball",,,hand usage will make even more sense. Or,,,one could look at that the opposite way,,,when she trusts the usage of the hands the momentum will be contained behind the ball.

Progress?,,,Yes.

I like the way she sets up, I like the way she looks out to the pitcher then moves her eyes to the ball.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
People should not be run off by the truth. People should know the truth and feel that the truth will set them free.

295px-Time_Saving_Truth_from_Falsehood_and_Envy.jpg

HYP

Nov 17, 2012
PerfectSwing-Markings_zps15676b92.jpg

Heres what in plane means
Bat same plane as shoulders...... above picture

attachment-1.jpg

See how the lead arm and bat are almost straight and lead arm is fairly close to body on contact.

I believe Ray was pointing this out about your dd's point of contact.

SL

The lining up is a result. Not a goal. When it is a result the swing flows. When it is a goal the swing is mechanical, long and slow.

The lining up doesn't always happen.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.

Artist François Lemoyne (1688–1737)
Description French painter

Date of birth/death 1688 4 June 1737
Location of birth/death Paris Paris
Work location Paris
Authority control GND: 123162939 ·WP-Person

Description English: Time Saving Truth from Falsehood and Envy
Date 1737
Notes completed on the day before the artist’s suicide

HYP

Nov 17, 2012
The Hi migration. Try not to run more people off

SL

What does that mean? You were asked simple questions about the elbow. Is this not a discussion forum? You posted, question was asked, now discuss.

Is this an attempt to get another thread closed?

HYP

Nov 17, 2012
I see a lot of the girls swinging in the model swings thread that don't have a high level swing. It appears girls can be successful in college softball will a less than optimal swing. How they handle a 1% top elite pitcher is the test IMO. If we can teach a hitter how to handle that top 1% using what CB teaches that's OK. If it takes a different path to make a more consistant hitter at that level then what is it? Did the MLB hitters have that swing in college or high school? I'm searching for the right answer for my DDs situation. She isn't going to have a MLB career after college. This is a means to an end for us.
SL. Did you just plop me into a group???

How many times does a FP player face the top 1% pitcher?

Jul 20, 2010
The lining up is a result. Not a goal. When it is a result the swing flows. When it is a goal the swing is mechanical, long and slow.

The lining up doesn't always happen.

Ding! The key is when (which is your 'result' I'm pretty sure),,,as I see it anyway.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
People should not be run off by the truth. People should know the truth and feel that the truth will set them free.

Marcus - since you're clearly a strong advocate of the truth, perhaps this would be a good time for you to be truthful and identify yourself. Of course, you don't have to, but that would send a pretty clear message, too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors