help with 2 girls with the same number.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 17, 2010
we have 2 girls that have the same number. one girl had it last year for 12u and she can play 12u again. another girl played 10u last year and moves up this year. we have learned not to let this happen again. but whats the best way to handle this?
we have thought about a competition, both girls have to get new numbers, coin flip, draw. any ideas thanks

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
IMO

Ask them if either wouldn't mind a different number. If they are both set on not changing, they both get new numbers.

Mar 15, 2011
I don't know it seems reasonable to me that the older girl gets to keep her number and the newer girl can take it next year.

Yup. The existing kid gets to keep their number, unless they don't want it. The younger girls need to learn the lesson that senoirity has it's perks. It will serve them well later in life.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
I say the older girl gets to keep her number. But I would ask them both if they would mind changing. You never know, the number might not mean that much to one of them, you might even find out that the number the older girl really wants is not the one she has.

I have never understood this absolute need to have a specific number. I think its more important to parents sometimes then to the kids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharonastokes