good video of Ueno VS. Osterman, yesterday

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 18, 2009
How about Ueno's triple and scoring attempt (at 4:50)? Would a pro team manager in the US take this kind of risks with his/her ace pitcher?

Apr 12, 2010
Oregon
The gesture the pitcher and 1st baseman made was the same gesture they did at the end of the game when each team lined up across from each other, took off their caps, and bowed their heads. For me, I just like the respect they have for the game and the players. I always tell my young pitchers that if they hit someone with a pitch to say sorry or at least acknowledge (with a wave of hand, etc.) that it was unintentional. At the end of the day, it really is just a game.

We don't do that if we miss with a pitch 12" outside, why do it if we miss 12" inside? Personally I think there are probably not enough pitchers that throw inside. The pitcher has as much right to that inside portion as the hitter. MLB has gotten way overboard also...hitters are standing on the white line and ready to charge the mound if the ball is a couple of inches off the plate. That's BS...part of the game can be intimidation.....doesn't mean hitting people, but taking charge of that inside part and letting the hitter know an inside pitch is a piece of the game makes it a better game, IMHO.

Feb 17, 2011
We don't do that if we miss with a pitch 12" outside, why do it if we miss 12" inside? Personally I think there are probably not enough pitchers that throw inside. The pitcher has as much right to that inside portion as the hitter. MLB has gotten way overboard also...hitters are standing on the white line and ready to charge the mound if the ball is a couple of inches off the plate. That's BS...part of the game can be intimidation.....doesn't mean hitting people, but taking charge of that inside part and letting the hitter know an inside pitch is a piece of the game makes it a better game, IMHO.

100% agree. If pitchers are not willing to go inside and reclaim that part of the plate they shouldnt complain about the crowdiing.

Dec 25, 2010
:applause:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeTD&Coach