Glove Model Recomendation

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 13, 2012
Looking for some advice on a new glove for my '03. She has an Easton natural elite 12" that has served her well but it is nearing the end of its life. She plays several games a year, 97 in fact last year. I have heard Vinci is very popular but have never held or even seen one. Also hearing good things about the worth liberty. She plays 3rd and short.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Hey townhound, my DD is a 14 year old 2001, I bought and gave her her Vinci for Christmas 2013. There's a lot of really good gloves out there but my DD has been using her Vinci for over two years and in my opinion the quality and durability is worth the price of admission, plus she absolutely loves it ! 97 games plus practice is a lot, get your money's worth and get her a quality glove. Contact Casedawg here and he'll take care of you. I've bought a lot of gloves and a Vinci from one of the reps here is hard to beat, I've only bought from Casedawg but have heard Chaz here is awesome as well. Not going to lie, the Vinci kip leather gloves are a bear to break in but Vinci offers the 22 series steer hide gloves as well which will be easier to break in.

For SS and 3rd at her age check out the MEO24 12" glove, or ask Casedawg about a custom.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
If you have a Dick's store in your area they will have some Vinci for you to look at, I would not buy it there though.

Be aware it is going to take a while to break in so you need to get it well before the season starts.

Jul 11, 2013
I recently had my daughter try on many new gloves and she chose the Nokona Alpha glove. Extremely well made in Texas. I sent it off to the Glove Whisperer ( highly recommended ) and they had it game ready broke-in in three days without any heat, steam, or oil. Its an awesome glove that should last a lifetime of heavy use.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
I recently had my daughter try on many new gloves and she chose the Nokona Alpha glove. Extremely well made in Texas. I sent it off to the Glove Whisperer ( highly recommended ) and they had it game ready broke-in in three days without any heat, steam, or oil. Its an awesome glove that should last a lifetime of heavy use.

No heat steam or oil? Did I they leave it wrapped for months or at least hit it with a big hammer? Lol

Oct 16, 2014
my just turned 13yo plays 3rd and uses a Wilson Onyx 11.75". I offered her an A2000 this season and she refused it. She loves her Onyx (pretty much same pattern as A2000 but had a faster break in) It's heavier duty in the palm and she like that when she snags fast line drives at 3rd

My 10 year old will get the A2000. We are a wilson family :)

Oct 10, 2011
my just turned 13yo plays 3rd and uses a Wilson Onyx 11.75". I offered her an A2000 this season and she refused it. She loves her Onyx (pretty much same pattern as A2000 but had a faster break in) It's heavier duty in the palm and she like that when she snags fast line drives at 3rd

My 10 year old will get the A2000. We are a wilson family :)
I think the Onyx is very good for the money.. DD uses one for outfield but she's in love with her A2k for 3rd...it was a real pain to break in though.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32