First Base Glove Suggestions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
From what I've seen, got to cut the lace at a 45 and twist it into the end of the needle. Is there another trick? LOL
An even more acute angle of 25 / 30 degrees works even better! These needles have made me cuss more times than I care to share, the lace pulling out of the needle in a tough spot while working will make your head explode!

I met Dan Davis at one of his son's baseball camps at a HS here in NC probably 4+ years ago? I was just watching him lace a glove, it's ridiculous watching him! Anyway I asked him about the needle he was using, he said it was just a normal 5" Perma Lok he bought at the same place you just bought yours. I asked him how he kept the lace from pulling out of the needle? He said you have to twist it in 16 times, not 15, not 17, twist it 16 times!

Of course me being me, I seriously thought he was BSing me, it's my first time ever meeting the guy, I didn't know if he was messing with me or not? Well, he wasn't, he was serious as he could be, and he was absolutely right. I went from almost hating those needles to I've never had a lace pull out since that day!

So twist it 16 times....that's the trick!

Jun 8, 2016
An even more acute angle of 25 / 30 degrees works even better! These needles have made me cuss more times than I care to share, the lace pulling out of the needle in a tough spot while working will make your head explode!

I met Dan Davis at one of his son's baseball camps at a HS here in NC probably 4+ years ago? I was just watching him lace a glove, it's ridiculous watching him! Anyway I asked him about the needle he was using, he said it was just a normal 5" Perma Lok he bought at the same place you just bought yours. I asked him how he kept the lace from pulling out of the needle? He said you have to twist it in 16 times, not 15, not 17, twist it 16 times!

Of course me being me, I seriously thought he was BSing me, it's my first time ever meeting the guy, I didn't know if he was messing with me or not? Well, he wasn't, he was serious as he could be, and he was absolutely right. I went from almost hating those needles to I've never had a lace pull out since that day!

So twist it 16 times....that's the trick!
Rain Man meets Rain Man..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coopdog