Ghost cracked

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
I didn't know that there was an end loaded ghost. Is it a different color?

It’s a -8. All I can say is that it isn’t as crazy as it sounds. DD used to swing all end loaded bats and liked them. I got some very good advice from a forum member here via pm that she might like to try a -8 as they have an end loaded feel. Core was able to facilitate my impulse buy, lol. We gave it a try and she really likes it so far. That forum member might expound on this idea a bit more, it was a side conversation so I’ll leave that up to him.

ETA: I personally would like to see an end loaded Ghost in the shorter lengths like Demarini does with the Insane. More choices are good and it would sell more bats.

Last edited:

panthadad2

fastpitch pops
Jun 27, 2017
So what do you all think; composite crack or paint crack? These are on opposite sides of the bat. 33-23. This is the warranty replacement bat so no more freebies.

47cd847e71a393eee3f7571e8f527880.jpg
487754eed6d5eaf40b5b2482b1d4d1d5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
So what do you all think; composite crack or paint crack? These are on opposite sides of the bat. 33-23. This is the warranty replacement bat so no more freebies.

Call customer service. They are giving 2 warranty replacements on the Ghost within the warranty period.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
It’s a -8. All I can say is that it isn’t as crazy as it sounds. DD used to swing all end loaded bats and liked them. I got some very good advice from a forum member here via pm that she might like to try a -8 as they have an end loaded feel. Core was able to facilitate my impulse buy, lol. We gave it a try and she really likes it so far. That forum member might expound on this idea a bit more, it was a side conversation so I’ll leave that up to him.

ETA: I personally would like to see an end loaded Ghost in the shorter lengths like Demarini does with the Insane. More choices are good and it would sell more bats.

Thanks WW. I have changed over several hitters from their RT's in the past months including my DD. In order for the hitters to get close to the same feeling in the Ghost, I recommend going to a -8. Unfortunately, Easton only offers a drop 8 option in 33 and 34 Ghosts right now. As a side note, I have actually moved 1 of my 11 YO's from a 31/22 RT to a 33/25. There were several reasons for this big of a jump. 1) The 33 is the smallest bat a drop 8 is made in the Ghost. 2) The girl grew like a weed over the past year and she was already big to begin with and 3) with her mechanics and swing speed, I knew she could handle it. She handles it quite well BTW. With her bat speed and
mechanics, I fully expect her to go yard early and often throughout this season.

Also, I agree with you. I would definitely like to see more options in the future but they have to get the USSSA production up and running as well as the drop 11s going first. Personally, I'd like to see a Ghost version where you could weight it yourself similar to the old Taylor Made R series drivers. Wouldn't that be cool?;)

Dec 11, 2010

And if you hit replacement bat #3, I would not be a bit shy about asking for another. You never know.

Dec 11, 2010
The end loaded bat experiment passed another test last night for 15 year old dd. On Fridays we go to see a male pitcher who played at a high level. He spins the ball hard and she gets 30 plus minutes of rise/drop/change. Last week was the first time with the -8 and she squared up less balls and the change up caught her on her front foot. This week it looked like she was very close to back to normal with one exception: ball was coming off the bat very hard. Was driving the change ups. Dad of an older baseball player was leaving and he stopped and came back and watched her hit.

If your dd has good mechanics, is a strong hitter and is physically large enough to go to a 33 or a 34” bat, the -8 ghost might be a great match. Just plan some time to adjust, plan on plenty of inside/outside tee and front toss to adjust and jeez, keep it under your hat for awhile. There is a lot of what I call end load bigotry out there among instructors and team coaches. Nice thing about this is if they don’t look close they will never notice that the -8 isn’t a regular balanced ghost. Isn’t like showing up with an ‘07 Rocketech or a Rocketflex hanging out of your bag and having every “hit ground balls, gee I love singles” coach giving you their 2 cents.

Just keep in mind this bat is going to be a good match for some hitters, not so much for others. My area used to be a big Rocketech area. A whole lot of good hitters here cut their teeth on machine balls and cute little 30 and 31” RT’s. It was the right bat for a lot of hitters and it wasn’t for others. Same thing with this bat.

Last edited:
Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
In my case, the end-load bigotry is reversed:D I'd put just about every player in a end load bat with the exception of Slappers and even then, I'd put probably 1/2 or more of them in an EL bat too. There's an old saying that I firmly beleive in, "A player swings an evenly balanced bat, an end-loaded bat swings itself." Even though the -8 Ghost is an evenly loaded bat, it is weighted enough to give the hitter a comparable feel to an end-loaded bat.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma