Gameface in MLB?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 12, 2012
NorCal
Poor kid! It's just a matter of time before leagues mandate face guards. IMHO, they should have started at the 10u a few years back. Won't happen in the older girl division but if you make it mandatory for the little ones they won't know the difference. Hope your DD;s team mate gets well fast.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I agree. Most little ones like theirs. I have started my DGD in one and she is 2 1/2. I have to admit that her mother still scoffs at it, though.

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
Poor kid! It's just a matter of time before leagues mandate face guards. IMHO, they should have started at the 10u a few years back. Won't happen in the older girl division but if you make it mandatory for the little ones they won't know the difference. Hope your DD;s team mate gets well fast.

I'm on the fence with this, but I can say the same arguments were made about facemasks on helmets too. Now look, the girls have played so long with them it doesn't matter anymore. I think the same thing would happen if it were made mandatory.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
catching.jpg

I think that most of you have heard me say, that I never played with anyone that wore a helmet. When they were mandated (mid 1990s) the change happened quickly. I was coaching boys LL and if I remember correctly, boys were wearing them and girls weren't.

Last edited:

MTR

Jun 22, 2008

Rubbish. If it is that important you should not have to wait for someone to tell you to do it. Didn't you people learn anything from the debacle when the masks were mandated for batters.

Only an idiot would need a piece of equipment mandated instead of dealing with it properly.

Aug 12, 2012
NorCal
Rubbish. If it is that important you should not have to wait for someone to tell you to do it. Didn't you people learn anything from the debacle when the masks were mandated for batters.

Only an idiot would need a piece of equipment mandated instead of dealing with it properly.

No need for name calling MTR. Sorry if my post offended you. Having a high school senior who plays at the gold level and does not pitch I don't have a dog in your fight. I was wishing the injured player a speedy recovery and hoping a mandate will help for future injuries.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
A local 10 yo, lost her 2 front teeth to a bad hop this week. She is back playing, with a mask. Don't wait until an accident happens. I would rather prevent the accident, in the first place.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChippyNole