Rude Parents

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 29, 2015
What do you do when the coach is the biggest offender? No lie, former D3 National Champ team was playing DD's former team a few weeks ago. They are known to be a terror on the bases and have a style and methodology. Batter gets a hit, rounds 1B, runner ends up on 3rd. Play is still live with a 1st and 3rd situation where they would try to draw a throw with the BR between 1st and 2nd...you know the drill. Runner doesn't try to draw the throw and ends up 2nd.

Coach at 3rd base goes ballistic and steps on the field toward 2nd and Yells out "Are you F*c%ing Stupid!!!" for everyone to hear. This is normal language for him.
ca3btd.gif

May 27, 2013
My daughter played in the spring games tournament yesterday and said the parents were yelling things at them, wonder if that's the game you are talking about? She plays for Belhaven.
I looked at your schedule and no, it was neither of the teams you played yesterday. All I can say is karma is a b**** and we won that game against them. So at least there was that.

Today was totally different. I sit behind the OF fence and so do a few of our other parents - and some of the other team’s parents today joined us because it was shady in this spot. It was very cordial - parents were complementing all players making nice plays, pitches, and good hits. Totally different experience.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
My daughter played in the spring games tournament yesterday and said the parents were yelling things at them, wonder if that's the game you are talking about? She plays for Belhaven.
Belhaven! They used to be in DD's conference. Spring of 2021 our college boys were talking trash (they are nerds) and the catcher was loving it and actually jawed back at them. Is Carruth ever going to retire?

Feb 11, 2014
Belhaven! They used to be in DD's conference. Spring of 2021 our college boys were talking trash (they are nerds) and the catcher was loving it and actually jawed back at them. Is Carruth ever going to retire?
What team was it? Our catcher was loving it lol! Great game,. Thanks for sharing that. This is Carruth's sixth and last year. Two years of JuCo, and 4 years at Belhaven, impressive run. I remember this same thing happening at Birmingham Southern, but they aren't in our conference.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
What team was it? Our catcher was loving it lol! Great game,. Thanks for sharing that. This is Carruth's sixth and last year. Two years of JuCo, and 4 years at Belhaven, impressive run. I remember this same thing happening at Birmingham Southern, but they aren't in our conference.
UTD was DD's team.

Jul 12, 2017
MI
We played Belhaven in Southern Illinois a few weeks ago. Yes, your pitcher, Carruth, was tough. We lost 3-1, definitely one of the best pitchers the team will see this year. Good luck with the rest of the season.

Mar 12, 2016
Left Coast
Generally it does tone down as the girls get older. By 16U most parents know coaches may be watching and are sitting in left field. I think 10U was the worst. 10U. Think about it. 10 year old girls.
Agreed. With a few exceptions, it seems like the parents tone down as the players get older. BUT, I can think of one glaring exception: Has anyone else noticed there always seems to be one or two guys in the stands at Florida games that can be heard on the TV broadcast jawing every pitch? The majority of the time it seems to be a constant attack on the home plate umpire regarding balls and strikes. And usually the fan is yelling about correctly called pitches that weren't even close to being questionable. It's like watching a women's tennis match where one or both of the players screech each time they hit the ball. I just can't listen to it and end up turning off the TV. For those who watch a lot of SEC softball is this a common thing at Florida? I don't recall this phenomena while watching games played at Florida State. Or have I just been unlucky when I've tuned into games played at Florida?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles