GameChanger stats - used by Coaches or Program Managers?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
Unfortunately, I am speaking from experience. You cannot win in this situation. If you say anything, you will come across as a whiner even if you are 100% correct. It is not worth it. Just let it go. If it gets too bad, leave the team.

Honestly, part of the reason I quickly ask the coach if I can manage Game Changer is to avoid this crap. Coaches know A) I've been a travel coach, and B) I don't play favorites and am level-headed.

And I'll say things in front of parents to my DD like "Wow kid, you crushed that ball. But I had to score it an error because the SS should have made the play". And yes, I'm saying it mostly so the other parents hear (and can go double-check). I'm proud of my DD and her performance, but I don't doctor her stats.

Oct 4, 2018
I want to know why their isn't a game clock option on GC...or at least something which says what time the game started.

There is.

It's a bit hidden. You can't actually turn that feature on until you start a game. Once you are in a specific game, you can go to the menu and find things like "Clock" and "Pitch Tracking". So you then pick if you want the clock to run up or down. And then when you go back to scoring the game, you need to tap the clock at lower left to start it. Getting it synched up with the umpire is pretty tough.

Jun 8, 2016
There is.

It's a bit hidden. You can't actually turn that feature on until you start a game. Once you are in a specific game, you can go to the menu and find things like "Clock" and "Pitch Tracking". So you then pick if you want the clock to run up or down. And then when you go back to scoring the game, you need to tap the clock at lower left to start it. Getting it synched up with the umpire is pretty tough.
Ha..good to know!! Of course I don't run GC so I would have to tell the person who runs it to start it and I don't like talking to anybody so..

Oct 4, 2018
Ha..good to know!! Of course I don't run GC so I would have to tell the person who runs it to start it and I don't like talking to anybody so..

Took me two years to finally just google the damn issue and find the answer. Took all of 3 minutes. Well, two years and 3 minutes.

Sep 19, 2018
She sounds kind of awesome. :)

She is. Both my parents are. I really feel for her that she can't make the games. My father still makes games under an hour away. I have 2 nephews and a niece that played in college (Basketball, Baseball, & track), my parent were able to go to a lot of those games. Between travel & little league baseball, AAU and HS, then college, they kept very busy. Now it is just my DD left playing ball and it is really the only reason they get out of the house. So I really feel for my mother that she can't make the games.

However, at this point, both my parents have poor hearing. They think they are whispering and everyone can hear them. I can't tell you how many times they've said something, and all I can think was "Oh god, did anyone hear that?" I am pretty sure that most other parents understand, "Hey, he is 80. Old people say stuff." But it makes ME nervous when they are at games.

cmn

May 27, 2013
Our team used to make all the players’ stats available to followers. We had to make them private this year as parents were moaning about their kids’ stats even though they don’t quite understand the difference between hits, errors, etc.

Our coaching staff will look at the stats but don’t really use them much for setting lineups. The same pitchers typically get the harder games so going by their stats (especially when the scorekeeper forgets to switch the pitchers in/out) wouldn’t help much.

Oct 10, 2018
Quoting Gator5: Me, being a former financial analyst, made an excel spreadsheet and kept all the stats too using box scores. Of course my stats could not break down things as nicely as GC, but it let me see what was going on.

I did the same, broke the hitting out via the box score to figure where DD stood and discovered the girl who they consider the strongest hitter was hitting .148. I knew she wasn't hitting well but the numbers were shocking. Probably better not to look.... lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd