As if we needed another reason why Gamechanger stats cannot be trusted

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Not to mention that college is also pretty much the first time that the official score keeper is not a parent. (Generally speaking, anyway.)
I have a buddy who actually reached out to his DD's school to find out who is in charge of scoring. He wanted to let them know they messed up on a play. They changed it!!! Dude! Really?

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I have a buddy who actually reached out to his DD's school to find out who is in charge of scoring. He wanted to let them know they messed up on a play. They changed it!!! Dude! Really?
They did that on the PGA tour all the time. There have been a few cases of a fan calling in during the golf tournament to point out an infraction by a player that was seen on TV but not the officials. The officials changed the scoring because a fan pointed out the fault from a TV shot.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
They do that on the PGA tour all the time. There have been a few cases of a fan calling in during the golf tournament to point out an infraction by a player that was seen on TV but not the officials. The officials then changed the scoring because a fan pointed out the fault from a TV shot.
That is a lot bigger deal as it changes more than just the stats...I think they stopped allowing this, right?

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
That is a lot bigger deal as it changes more than just the stats...I think they stopped allowing this, right?
Yes, they stopped it a few years ago. I remember Tiger getting called out at the Masters in 2013 for an errant drop.

Jul 14, 2018
I can honestly say that I’ve never gone back and changed something in GC after the game. I rely on my immediate impression, for better or worse.

I am pretty careless about opponents on defense. I typically only input the pitcher so that I can see their pitch count. I’m scrupulous about dragging fielders to the spot of the play so that our spray charts are accurate, but for a ball in the gap I may grab the CF or the LF, I’m not especially careful about which.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi