GameChanger stats - used by Coaches or Program Managers?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
I want to know why their isn't a game clock option on GC...or at least something which says what time the game started.

May 6, 2015
if you get alerts, you can use this as start time of game (ie time of text, email, etc.)

Jun 8, 2016
if you get alerts, you can use this as start time of game (ie time of text, email, etc.)
Yeah I know..still would be nice to have the game clock on there. I guess with stoppages it could get off unless the person running it is on the ball..

Dec 15, 2018
CT
Yeah I know..still would be nice to have the game clock on there. I guess with stoppages it could get off unless the person running it is on the ball..

Agree it would be a good feature...for estimated guidance. But I can imagine a GC parent roaring out of the stands "WE HAD 30 MORE SECONDS!!!!" for a sweet blow out argument about drop dead...

Jun 8, 2016
Agree it would be a good feature...for estimated guidance. But I can imagine a GC parent roaring out of the stands "WE HAD 30 MORE SECONDS!!!!" for a sweet blow out argument about drop dead...
Good point..nvm :LOL: Also I only really use GC after I decide I cannot stand to watch another person get thrown out at 3rd with zero or 2 outs and find a nice tree to sit under far away from the field..so I guess it isn't that big of a deal.

Oct 4, 2018
This is so true. My mother just can't make it to games anymore. She sits on the edge of her seat, phone plugged in, waiting on every pitch like it was game 7 of the World Series. She does know better than to call me, when something slows down. She bothers my wife instead :).

She has noted that "Whoever does the CG for the Req team is terrible. Whoever does GC for the travel team is much better."

She sounds kind of awesome. :)

Oct 4, 2018
One season a girl asked the coach why she was sitting on the bench so much when she led the team in batting average. A week or two later, in the last game of the year, another girl asked why she was sitting on the bench in the championship game when she led the team in RBI, home runs, and triples. The reason why was there were 5 coaches kids and they needed to bat every game. But that is not an answer you can give, so the coach did as you did, he made them private the next season.

Me, being a former financial analyst, made an excel spreadsheet and kept all the stats too using box scores. Of course my stats could not break down things as nicely as GC, but it let me see what was going on.

And boy was it a show how the next season went when they thought no one knew the stats. Clean up hitter was batting under .200 with zero power numbers. #8 hitter led the team in batting average at .500 and was second in home runs. #7 batter was ~ 225 points higher than the #4 hitter. 100 points higher than #5 hitter and was ahead of them in every category (RBI, slugging percent, etc) #6 hitter led the team in home runs and RBI. It was a complete debacle.

The pitching stats were even more of a joke. Needless to say, two of the girls who got the short end of the deal the most quit the team when that season ended.

Wow.

At some point your eyeballs just take over, and you know that person shouldn't be batting #8, or clean-up, or whatever.

Our last coach had one of our worst batters leading off all year long. Her AVG was low, her OBP was low. She should have been batting 9 or 10. He kept her there because in the first game of the year (when all teams were rusty) she got on base about half the time.

The next team she was on I noticed she batted first in the first tournament, and 10th the rest of the season.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd