FYB clarification

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2017
The committal of the lower body to the pitch is what initiates front foot heel plant. Not the launch of the swing. JMO

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Launch to me:
CabreraCollage1.gif

CabreraCollage.gif
This is super cool. Could you slow it down. If you watch carefully he is adjusting to the pitch with his spine angle/posture/flexion. The high pitch he stands up a little and the low pitch he stays down. I highly doubt he is cognitive of this. He is just a super athlete doing whatever it takes to barrel up the ball. It is interesting how his launch position is so consistent.

Aug 20, 2017
This is super cool. Could you slow it down. If you watch carefully he is adjusting to the pitch with his spine angle/posture/flexion. The high pitch he stands up a little and the low pitch he stays down. I highly doubt he is cognitive of this. He is just a super athlete doing whatever it takes to barrel up the ball. It is interesting how his launch position is so consistent.
Miggy looks to have a little more preset to his posture than some others. His hips are already back in stance. Top right swing is a no stride. Only difference I see. He does adjust his posture to pitch location very well and maintains it throughout the arc of the swing. This allows his barrel to follow behind the ball in the direction it was pitched.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
You claim to know what is it is to be one legged and that it works but not the best do. But, you also claim that you can sit all day for a change using the "energy flows up and down the body" method. Which means that you couldn't do it being one legged. Which means you never figured it out. But, it's not what the best do. How could you possibly know this?

Because one leverages both legs (different pattern) before whipping the barrel not ride the rear leg until launch.

3wLHMQV.gif

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
The fact that you see a slappy backhand cross body move here...

its pulling the slack out on both ends Butter, to create the ‘snap’ in the middle of the body. It’s not a ‘slappy’ backhand. A lot tighter quicker turn.

Same here. This is natural lower body movement. Resist to propel. Same pulse.
1587223520601.gif

May 3, 2014
Because one leverages both legs (different pattern) before whipping the barrel not ride the rear leg until launch.

3wLHMQV.gif

Bonds is riding the rear leg. His rear leg is turning his pelvis forward. His rear leg is applying constant internal rotation pressure. His pelvis is not rotating over the top of the rear leg. He is delaying his swing as he rides the rear leg out with his back,

Aug 20, 2017
Bonds got fooled some and had to delay heel plant for a fraction of a second. He was still in sequence, maintained instep pressure in rear foot, maintained enough upper body resistance. The back knee began the hips/torso while the front leg delayed heel plant. I look at the front leg as a stabilizer at heel plant. It has to firm enough in the ground to allow the hitter to rotate on axis when the heel plants.

May 12, 2016
Miggy looks to have a little more preset to his posture than some others. His hips are already back in stance. Top right swing is a no stride. Only difference I see. He does adjust his posture to pitch location very well and maintains it throughout the arc of the swing. This allows his barrel to follow behind the ball in the direction it was pitched.
So important when it comes to barrel path.. if not the most important. I believe the body is so much more important in establishing barrel path then the hands

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd