First taste of southern softball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
Good luck this weekend. I am sure you will have a great time down here. We are from Birmingham but have spent most of our spring playing in Georgia. There are definitely some great teams in this one. We have played 15 or so of them this year and the competition has made our group of 03'2 much better.

Jun 18, 2013
Bring LOTS of water. It is extremely hot and humid right now. Your girls will start sweating as soon as they leave the air conditioning.

Feb 4, 2015
Massachusetts
Where are you playing if you don't mind if I ask? My daughter played in Georgia through 12U, then moved to N.C. Georgia is definitely a good state for softball.

It's the elite futures showcase in Dallas, GA. There are 41 teams from 16 states competing in the 12u! I wish we had complexes like this in new england!

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Softball concession stands in the south need a warning label.

You have not lived until you try a funnel cake or fried oreos from a ballpark concession stand!

As others mentioned, be prepared for the heat. Start hydrating yesterday!

Jun 19, 2013
I did my basic training in South Carolina, coming from the Northwest we'd never even heard of a heat index - but you learn about it real quick!!! "Fort Jackson where it's 104 degrees in the shade and humidity that will choke the life out of you" I think there was a shirt that said something like that. Followed up by something about fire ants . . .

Jun 12, 2015
I don't think I've been to any parks in Georgia that DON'T allow outside food. The concession stand food tends to be cheap but it's not remotely healthy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez