Feedback On DD Swing--14 YO.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Hands have already dropped in the gif. Then your DD turns the barrel/go
CPSBDadELAE.gif

Here in this gif hands up then dropped level to ball, then 'turns the barrel/go.
CPSBDadDDHands.gif

Last edited:

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Your DD turns the barrel at "GO". It's not an issue. This gif is from the GO frame.
CPSBDadELAE.gif

Dropping the hands is not an issue either, the appearance is the result of her ELAE. At hitting practice, just ask her to hold a slight bend/tension in the front arm as she initiates her swing.

I agree need to addressing the ELAE. I still would work on turn the barrel before I moved the hands down/forward. JMHO.

Last edited:
May 23, 2012
Eastlake, OH
How do you guys feel about her balance, where her weight is early, over or behind her back knee? It doesn't look like as strong an attacking position as in the model hitters.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
How do you guys feel about her balance, where her weight is early, over or behind her back knee? It doesn't look like as strong an attacking position as in the model hitters.

If you are looking at the gif, I think it is missing a few frames at the start. Looking at the original post I think it looks ok. Over and around (coiling) the femur is good...over and behind (toward catcher) not good.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I have been thinking a lot lately about trying the cue "rock the U into a triangle turn"

This is the direction I've been going lately, too. I'm trying to break my DD's ELAE issue, but it hasn't clicked in her head yet. I need to get her to understand and feel that pushing the bat back by straightening her arm making her swing longer and slower.

Another big key for my DD is "fast hands". For her, this means launching the bat quickly and immediately from go. This one she understands and gets. It's the platform for the launch that needs fixing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
christian_softballdad3298