Feedback On DD Swing--14 YO.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
ok I give..wtf is ELEA?

ELAE example ...

noyrno.gif

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
CPSBDadDD.gif

CPSBDadDDHands.gif

Ortiz_060213_highside_loop.gif

I see your DD dropping her hands to get level to the ball then she 'turns the barrel'. I think if her first move was to 'turn the barrel' before she moved her hands her swing would be quicker. Her swing would be short to the ball instead of long to the ball. I hope that makes sense to you?

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
On this clip look where's the barrel blurs...
CPSBDadDDHands.gif

Lets try and get the blur alot sooner. Lets hear the whoosh behind her not beside your DD.
Turn the barrel now.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2010
CPSBDadDD.gif

CPSBDadDDHands.gif

Ortiz_060213_highside_loop.gif

I see your DD dropping her hands to get level to the ball then she 'turns the barrel'. I think if her first move was to 'turn the barrel' before she moved her hands her swing would be quicker. Her swing would be short to the ball instead of long to the ball. I hope that makes sense to you?

My eyes aren't quite trained to see what some of you see. "turn the barrel" Explain to me what that is--how would I explain to her if she doesn't understand what that means?

We are in our cage today and tomorrow to prep for this weekend's tournament. This could be a great time to talk about the dropping the hands and turning the barrel. And ELAE!

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
I'm with RDB on this one. Stare at the hands of your dd and stare at the hands of the pro. What are the very first movements each of them do?

I have been thinking a lot lately about trying the cue "rock the U into a triangle turn"

Jun 21, 2010
lol...

if someone could stop the gif at the point both the MLB player and my DD start to turn the barrel, maybe I will see what you guys see.

I looked at both set of hands for a while and see both drop, but I'm not seeing the barrel turned.

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013
Your DD turns the barrel at "GO". It's not an issue. This gif is from the GO frame.
CPSBDadELAE.gif

Dropping the hands is not an issue either, the appearance is the result of her ELAE. At hitting practice, just ask her to hold a slight bend/tension in the front arm as she initiates her swing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LINBAN01