FASTPITCH PLAYERS WHO POST ON DFP add if you have or are a player currently

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Where to begin OK well I was a two sport athlete football and baseball from the time I was eight years old till I was 20 I did not have the grades to go to a four-year university so I went the junior college route played junior college ball baseball and football which was short-lived because I had to put myself through school. After college from about 25 till around 33-ish I played baseball for the LA Baseball league it was very competitive at the time. I got to play with guys from college all the way to former minor-league ball players.

However, playing Fastpitch started for me when I was about 15 I would play in various city leagues with my uncles I liked it because I thought it made me a better baseball hitter. In my early 20’s I wanted to learn how to pitch I was told to go play Modified pitch It would help the learning curve. I did so for several years as I got better I started to make the transition to pitching mens Fastpitch. I remember at one point I would play Modified pitch on Tuesdays and Saturdays, Men’s Fastpitch on Thursday and sometimes on Sunday and men’s baseball league on Sundays, I did that for years along with whatever tourneys I was invited to.

Buuuuut for the last 15 years I’ve primarily just played men’s Fastpitch on occasion some modified tourneys. I will play some city league stuff and any Scifls that come up to help get us ready for the big tournaments like Nationals, Masters and the Vegas tourney. Where coincidentally enough that’s how I met Bill Hillhouse was at the Vegas tourney about six years ago. By the way super smooth watched him throw a game. It looked almost as though he was bored he was throwing so effortlessly… that’s me in a nutshell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What men's fastpitch team did you play with?
I enjoyed the opportunity to play with the men's fastpitch team Long Beach Nighthawks on several occasions.
Couple of my teammates from Long Beach State played as well.

Last edited:

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
I was tagged. So...I guess I'll post my athletic journey. Where to begin...

I started out as a peewee football cheerleader when I was 5. I liked it and it was a lot of fun even though we were very uncoordinated. I have an older cousin who introduced me to softball.

I started playing softball when I was 9. I played on area rec league teams. I started off in the outfield. That first season, I played every outfield position. Really, I hated playing the outfield because it was so boring out there and not many balls got hit out your way. About two-thirds of the way through the season, I got to play a little first and third and I liked playing the infield because there was definitely more action.

When I was 10, I steadily was playing more first than I was third. I was also introduced to pitching. I had thought I found my calling as a pitcher. I was mostly a location pitcher. I never really threw with a lot of velocity and I couldn't overpower hitters by throwing hard.

When I was 11, I got my first pitching coach and started learning the finer points of pitching. My velocity improved and I could throw harder. This continued through to my freshman year of high school.

When I was in 6th grade, I did what I thought would be my final year of cheerleading as I didn't see myself as a junior varsity cheerleader the next year in 7th grade.

When 7th grade rolled around, I decided I wanted to try out for field hockey, and surprisingly, I made the team with no prior experience playing the sport. I also found junior varsity softball as well as junior varsity basketball that same year.

When I became a freshman in high school, I had continued playing field hockey (which I made varsity), and JV basketball. I tried out for the varsity softball team and made it. The unfortunate part was...I was the third pitcher. Meaning...I wouldn't receive much circle time. An injury opened up an opportunity. I became a catcher. My entire journey is documented on here from learning the position to where I am today.

During my sophomore season, I would decide to quit playing field hockey thanks to a coach who was a total jerk and killed my love for playing the sport (I chose to play it intramurally this semester in college) as well as playing my last season of basketball.

In my Junior year, I would become a cheerleader for fall as well as winter sports. The sport is a lot of fun and really helped keep me flexible for playing catcher in the spring.

During my senior season, I signed my National Letter of Intent to play college softball for a Division 3 Pennsylvania college in the PSAC conference. I absolutely love playing the position of catcher as well as playing third base. I've played both positions in college and it's all so much fun.

May 27, 2013
I was tagged. So...I guess I'll post my athletic journey. Where to begin...

During my senior season, I signed my National Letter of Intent to play college softball for a Division 3 Pennsylvania college in the PSAC conference. I absolutely love playing the position of catcher as well as playing third base. I've played both positions in college and it's all so much fun.

You’re a current player, correct? PSAC is D2 - or at least now it is. Was it previously D3?

Jun 20, 2016
What men's fastpitch team did you play with?
I enjoyed the opportunity to play with the men's fastpitch team Long Beach Nighthawks on several occasions.
Couple of my teammates from Long Beach State played as well.

Raymar, Maccabi, Rudepak, Budman, Bandits, and a few others that I don’t quite remember….. Wow that’s pretty impressive playing for the Nighthawks they were an ISC team if I remember correctly not very many ISC teams out of Southern California.

To be honest I don’t remember seeing too many female players back then in Men’s Fastpitch I know Debbie Day pitched for the Nighthawks at one time but then again she pitched for every competitive team at one point or another and there was some other tall blonde Pitcher I don’t quite remember her name maybe you know who she is, she played for a little while as well she was really good!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Over the years have met quite a few people who played Fastpitch in the military.

Sep 19, 2018
I played Modified until almost 40. But I don't think it was anywhere near the quality of play a lot of you all have played. While there were definitely guys who could sling it, the majority of pitchers just were not that good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles