FASTPITCH PLAYERS WHO POST ON DFP add if you have or are a player currently

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Start a fun list of who is a player or has played fastpitch softball and post on dfp.

Share if you like your history involvement of being a player. Position league type stuff.
Perhaps Add what you like about fastpitch softball.

I will start
Started playing softball in so cal.~ when I was six years old. Rec City League. Went on to play for the original Orange County Batbusters team 5 years when travel Fastpitch first began as we know it. Played at Edison High School. Went on to play four years at Cal State Long Beach. Went on to play Women's Open travel division until I was 30.
Position~ Catcher, a little bit at 3rd base.
What i like about fastpitch~
The speed and pace of the game that utilizes so many different type of skill sets. All shapes and sizes can contribute to strategy on the field. Team camaraderie!

Add info please, if you like 👍
@Vertigo
@Hillhouse
@curveballer124
@softgabby
I know there are others I just can't remember username.
*Please add your name/details to the dfp softball team roster 🙂

Last edited:
May 27, 2013
Well my FP career is definitely not as exciting as the others, that’s for sure but here goes:

Played FP starting at age 7 in the town rec league. Played every position at that level but pitcher and SS were my favorites.

Attended a regional Catholic HS and made the varsity team as a sophomore (didn’t try out my freshman year because I ran track instead). Started in the OF and then became the starting pitcher my junior year. Also played 2B and SS on occasion. Senior year I became the catcher because our D1 recruit graduated and no one else wanted to do it. We also had another pitcher transfer in who was an All-State pitcher from a few towns over. Needless to say since I never had a pitching lesson a day in my life she won the starting pitcher role. Lol. It was fun catching her and I learned how to catch pretty much “on the job.” Made All-Area, All-County. and All-Conference as a utility player.

Never played travel ball as i was unaware that TB was even “a thing” back then. Was asked to tryout for the nearest team in HS but my parents wouldn’t let me play.

Was recruited to play for one of the best D3 teams in the country (same state that I lived in - thanks to the state newspaper publicity) at the time but was told I’d have to switch my major from nursing. Decided not to change my career path for four more years of ball as getting a job and being able to move out of my house right after college were my priorities. Would have 2 NCAA D3 rings if I decided to play for that team.

Played for a few various different women’s FP town leagues in my 20’s. Typically played either 2B, 3B, or OF for them. Finally graduated to women’s and co-ed bar league slow-pitch teams after that.

It was a much different time back then, especially where I grew up. TB was almost non-existent and players did get recruited to play in college based on HS performance alone.

What I love about FP is that even though my playing time is long gone, I am still involved as a coach and recruiting coordinator at the 18U level. I am taking this year off so I can go watch dd play in college this spring. Love being able to share my passion for the game with young players.

Last edited:

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Well my FP career is definitely not as exciting as the others, that’s for sure but here goes:

Played FP starting at age 7 in the town rec league. Played every position at that level but pitcher and SS were my favorites.

Attended a regional Catholic HS and made the varsity team as a sophomore (didn’t try out my freshman year because I ran track instead). Started in the OF and then became the starting pitcher my junior year. Also played 2B and SS on occasion. Senior year I became the catcher because our D1 recruit graduated and no one else wanted to do it. We also had another pitcher transfer in who was an All-State pitcher from a few towns over. Needless to say since I never had a pitching lesson a day in my life she won the starting pitcher role. Lol. It was fun catching her and I learned how to catch pretty much “on the job.” Made All-Area, All-County. and All-Conference as a utility player.

Never played travel ball as i was unaware that TB was even “a thing” back then. Was asked to tryout for the nearest team in HS but my parents wouldn’t let me play.

Was recruited to play for one of the best D3 teams in the country (same state that I lived in - thanks to the state newspaper publicity) at the time but was told I’d have to switch my major from nursing. Decided not to change my career path for four more years of ball as getting a job and being able to move out of my house right after college were my priorities. Would have 2 NCAA D3 rings if I decided to play for that team.

Played for a few various different women’s FP town leagues in my 20’s. Typically played either 2B, 3B, or OF for them. Finally graduated to women’s and co-ed bar league slow-pitch teams after that.

It was a much different time back then, especially where I grew up. TB was almost non-existent and players did get recruited to play in college based on HS performance alone.

What I love about FP is that even though my playing time is long gone, I am still involved as a coach and recruiting coordinator at the 18U level. I am taking this year off so I can go watch dd play in college this spring. Love being able to share my passion for the game with young players.
Excellent versatility Vertigo way to step up for your team!

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
I played for 4 years. I was in my senior year of HS when I was asked to play for a church team. I did pretty well and was picked up by a men's team. Those final three years were interesting, to say the least. I played with some really talented players who are in the ASA Hall of Fame and some idiots. The idiots made it hard for me to show up to play since they seemed to want to be in a fight after every game. I played SS and 3B. Mostly SS. I also was playing semi-pro baseball and slow-pitch softball. I started to really take off in slow-pitch and left fast-pitch far behind. Thank goodness I only played one full year of slow-pitch with idiots but they pulled guns on each other so, there was that. After that, I landed on a really good national team and the rest is history.

Apr 20, 2015
My career is not impressive. Started playing rec league 10u and played through HS. 2 yrs on varsity. No travel ball in my town at that time. I do love the game though.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Wow being a softball website not very many here have actually played. Kind of a shame there's not more to share experience and experiences.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
I didn’t even know mens fastpitch was a thing until DD started seeing her pitching coach. He made sure to educate me. Which was great because it got me interested and I played in an adult league this Summer. It was just a small 4-team league. Often players were on two teams just so they could fill a roster. But it was fun and I’m hoping to do it again next Summer. Prior to this I’ve just played beer league slow pitch. Which is a lot of fun but hardly competitive.

Jun 20, 2016
Where to begin OK well I was a two sport athlete football and baseball from the time I was eight years old till I was 20 I did not have the grades to go to a four-year university so I went the junior college route played junior college ball baseball and football which was short-lived because I had to put myself through school. After college from about 25 till around 33-ish I played baseball for the LA Baseball league it was very competitive at the time. I got to play with guys from college all the way to former minor-league ball players.

However, playing Fastpitch started for me when I was about 15 I would play in various city leagues with my uncles I liked it because I thought it made me a better baseball hitter. In my early 20’s I wanted to learn how to pitch I was told to go play Modified pitch It would help the learning curve. I did so for several years as I got better I started to make the transition to pitching mens Fastpitch. I remember at one point I would play Modified pitch on Tuesdays and Saturdays, Men’s Fastpitch on Thursday and sometimes on Sunday and men’s baseball league on Sundays, I did that for years along with whatever tourneys I was invited to.

Buuuuut for the last 15 years I’ve primarily just played men’s Fastpitch on occasion some modified tourneys. I will play some city league stuff and any Scifls that come up to help get us ready for the big tournaments like Nationals, Masters and the Vegas tourney. Where coincidentally enough that’s how I met Bill Hillhouse was at the Vegas tourney about six years ago. By the way super smooth watched him throw a game. It looked almost as though he was bored he was throwing so effortlessly… that’s me in a nutshell

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 31, 2015
I played long, long ago in a galaxy far, far away.
3B and SS

Highlight was seeing the King and His Court when they came to town.
Wow.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles