Easton stars and stripes Bat?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
Absolutely! I keep waiting for @Eric F to come up with a glove database, I think he's getting lazy in his older years! :oops:

I'm close to needing your advice on a SS glove for my older 14U daughter. Been playing well with a used glove but has upped her game and deserves something nicer. She made a nice play on a ball over the weekend but came away with a glove full of dirt and that resulted in a handful of dirt (and ball) and a bad throw.

I'm guessing that's one reason for an H-web or I-web design...

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I'm close to needing your advice on a SS glove for my older 14U daughter. Been playing well with a used glove but has upped her game and deserves something nicer. She made a nice play on a ball over the weekend but came away with a glove full of dirt and that resulted in a handful of dirt (and ball) and a bad throw.

I'm guessing that's one reason for an H-web or I-web design...

You're welcome! ;)

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Looks nice. Got a few other suggestions along those same lines? DD likes to choose... :)
No Sir, Dave Concepcion said the Pro1000 is the King of the hill, everything else is backing up! ;)

What size and model is she using right now? What size hands would you say she has? I'm sure we can come up with something else. How does she wear her glove, TIP or traditional?

Jun 30, 2020
Eastons always run an ounce or more over sticker weight. Demarini CFs tend to be really close to sticker weight, sometimes even a little under. CFs are also very "balanced", whereas the Ghost is less so. I wouldn't really consider the Ghost "end-loaded", but the balance point is definitely further up the barrel than the CF.

I currently have been hitting with a -9 endloaded blue ghost bat so I'm really exited to use a balanced bat

Aug 7, 2019
My daughter just received two bats from Coresoftball and we have purchased all our bats from him over the last few years. Always happy with our business with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he carried Demarini I would be buying one from him as well.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
A girl on our team just picked one up from Core. Nice bat but man is it heavy. I was surprised how much heavier and more end loaded they are than say a CF of the same size. I am sure it’s just the way it’s balanced but I would say they are definitely more geared towards a power hitter.

Sticker on bats don't really mean much. That's why I started weighing bats many years ago. You do get an idea
of what to expect. Eastons and Xenos were usually the heavy bats. LXTs were usually around .5 over and Demarini
was actually a lot of times under weight which is why sometimes the feel is soooo different. Mizunos are pretty close to sticker as well.
Most that want a better sized Ghost do go to a drop11 sometimes to keep the weight closer to what they want. For example,
if someone wanted a 23oz Ghost, instead of doing a 33/23m they would do a 33/22 to get closer.
The bats aren't "geared for power hitters" or certain hitters...just gotta find the happy weight if the heavier weight isn't doable.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Core's right, back in the good old days, stickers on Easton's and Anderson's were pretty much just for the length alone!

**I should say "especially" back in the good old days!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles