Easton stars and stripes Bat?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 19, 2016
I don't think Ghosts are end loaded as much as they are just heavier than a CF or a Mizzuno. Unusually recommend one of the latter for small girls. This one girl I know is kind of petite and was having problems with her ghost. Sent her to Over for a Mizuno and she is doing great. Different girls do better with different bats, but I think the key is getting the right size.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I was told by an Easton rep and also read on smash it sports, the limited editions was on a trial basis same barrel technology but girls were complaining about the rubber on the knob so the limited edition has the new paint job and the rubber removed it’s a trial run to see what will be produced for 2021/22 based off of performance and reviews to keep the rubber piece on or remove it.

I just looked at my DD's Ghosts (2019 blue/ASA, 2020 dual-stamp, and 2020 stars-and-stripes). Other than the 2019 knob being grey instead of white, the knobs look and feel identical. None of them have a rubber piece on the knob. It's just hard plastic.

I just looked at my DD's Ghosts (2019 blue/ASA, 2020 dual-stamp, and 2020 stars-and-stripes). Other than the 2019 knob being grey instead of white, the knobs look and feel identical. None of them have a rubber piece on the knob. It's just hard plastic.

I'm thinking he means the rubberized knob on the Advanced. That was my assumption anyway.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I'm thinking he means the rubberized knob on the Advanced. That was my assumption anyway.

The only "limited edition" I'm aware of is the stars-and-stripes version of the 2020 dual-stamp, which is what he referenced. The only visible difference is the paint job.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I think he for some reason thinks the Stars is an ADV...which it is not. The Stars has the same dimensions as the regular dual. Think he meant that he was told the Stars is an ADV without the rubber coating. But its not a rubber coating, the knob is actually smaller and the knob is soft...not a coating.

Reps very often, do not put in the time and effort to know what they SHOULD know. I sell to a school in western PA...he had a Easton rep tell him the blue Ghost was going to be discontinued because the gold was coming out. Well, no way that was happening because
the gold wasn't ASA. So I have heard some bad things from reps...their first job is the push product. Not all reps are lazy, some are very good...don't want to pigeon hole all of them.

Im not saying there isn't something changed in the Stars that's diff than the regular Dual...BUT the Stars is not an ADV without the small, softer knob and a cool paint job. If it were, the Stars would have the same dimensions as the ADV (also doesn't have the same rubber connector as the ADV nor the same endcap I believe). Plus, no way the ADV retails 449, and you are going to do a special, limited paint and sell for 50 less....it would be 499. I can bite on the Stars being a precursor to the 2022
dual Ghost for next year, because they put in the lighter inner barrel from the ADV (adj size to fit a dual ghost) or whatever else they want to say. I can buy into that.
Also, remember, a store that buys 1000 of a bat to be exclusive for drop11s and more drop10s, wants to sell those bats first and foremost.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee