Easton stars and stripes Bat?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Again, was told its the dual by Easton...maybe this is going to be the 2021 model for next year and they tweaked the inner barrel
materials to match the Adv but made the size of the inner barrel to fit the duals.
Who knows...haha

Aug 7, 2019
I would think you would
know more than most. Not sure why smash it is advertising it as the same barrel as the adv.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I just said I am going by what Easton told me. Didn't pop the cap off them both to compare, thats way to pricey of a project. Maybe
my Easton rep didn't give the full details. Just said it was the dual and left it at that. Since it was a limited run, I didn't beat
him up about it because I knew I would only have them 2 months and done then back to the normal. And I wasn't trying to get
more money out of it anyway.

Says the same inner barrel...not the same bat as the Adv. The Adv also uses a different outer composite.

So, again, no idea if the 2021 dual is going to be using the inner barrel like the Adv or if the Starts and stripes was just a one time
thing (I would think not as that's a lot of money to do a bat just to be an exclusive limited number run). The 2021 bat is not even going to be talked about for a long time. Its not due to release til next year. That maybe even called the 2022 Ghost...as there really wasn't a 2021.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2012
Kenmore, WA
From the Easton webpage for the Stars and Stripes Ghost

The hottest bat in the game, the Easton Ghost Double Barrel is now available in limited edition stars and stripes design. Celebrating the Ghost’s double barrel design approved for all fields. Show your pride for our country’s national colors as well as Team USA’s return to the Summer Olympic Games in 2021. Recipient of the 2020 Bat Digest Awards’ diamond medallion, the organizations’ top award for performance, player feedback, demand, relevance and technical specifications. Easton® received more awards than any other bat manufacturer in 2020. The hottest bat in the game that is approved for ALL fields, just got hotter: The Ghost Double Barrel Bat. The Dual Stamp Ghost Double Barrel bat features a patent-pending DOUBLE BARREL design that is engineered to provide players the best possible feel, pop and sound. Every level of hitter will experience success with the Ghost due to its unique double-barrel construction, 2-Piece Connexion+TM technology featuring Nitrocell™ foam for a better overall feeling bat and XTX™ Xtra Tough Resin Matrix technology provides the most durability and flexibility with an extremely low barrel compression. Available in a -10 Dual Stamp model and approved for play in ASA (USA), USSSA (fastpitch only), NSA, ISA and ISF.

This definitely says it is the Dual Stamp Ghost with a limited edition design. Sure they could be misleading people, but that seems less likely than that they just wanted to have something new for girls to want.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
This definitely says it is the Dual Stamp Ghost with a limited edition design. Sure they could be misleading people, but that seems less likely than that they just wanted to have something new for girls to want.

Just in time. My DD's 15-month-old Ghost is starting to show some cracks, and she loves the stars-and-stripes motif.

Nov 30, 2018
Marikina, Philippines
What do you guys think of the Easton stars and stripes bat?

Great looking bat me thinks! I don't think it is a bat for the average girl though. Take it one step further and go to the Louisville PXT. Or all the way and go with a 34"/26" bat like the PXT. I think the issue in swing speed and the level of play. If you stepped onto the big stage against top pitchers would it serve you? If the DD's bat speed drops from 65mph to 62mph does that serve her well? The graph below I made demonstrates one potential issue. Maybe the bat is fine in high school or Travel Ball, depending on the player's physical tools. Does end weight equal power? Usually it will compromise bat speed and to some extent swing accuracy. Is the dog wagging the tail or the tail wagging the dog? For me the size of the "sweet spot" is a major issue.

Attachments

• Observation Time sm.jpg
    Observation Time sm.jpg
    438.3 KB · Views: 41
Aug 7, 2019
The local dealer near me hates the ghost. He said yes they are hot out of the wrapper but it’s not a matter of if they will break it’s when. He said it’s simply girls not wanting to put in the time to season the bat and get it hot. I guess it makes sense?? I don’t know. I personally don’t care for them. Especially after swinging the new Misuno f21 PC.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Great looking bat me thinks! I don't think it is a bat for the average girl though. Take it one step further and go to the Louisville PXT. Or all the way and go with a 34"/26" bat like the PXT. I think the issue in swing speed and the level of play. If you stepped onto the big stage against top pitchers would it serve you? If the DD's bat speed drops from 65mph to 62mph does that serve her well? The graph below I made demonstrates one potential issue. Maybe the bat is fine in high school or Travel Ball, depending on the player's physical tools. Does end weight equal power? Usually it will compromise bat speed and to some extent swing accuracy. Is the dog wagging the tail or the tail wagging the dog? For me the size of the "sweet spot" is a major issue.

Are you saying that the Ghost isn't suitable for elite-level play? If you are, that's ridiculous.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
So much wrong in this post! First off comparing the Ghost to the PXT, saying the PXT is the superior bat.....that's funny! And "maybe" the bat is fine for HS or TB.....WHAT?

And I won't go into sales comparison, which there is no comparison, but sales don't tell the whole story (well actually it does!!). I've hit them both personally, the PXT feels like a turd! And this is coming from someone who loves the LXT! The PXT tanked for a reason!

And yes, end load does equal power, takes the right girl, but in the right hands, look out!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802