Easton stars and stripes Bat?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 30, 2018
Marikina, Philippines
So much wrong in this post! First off comparing the Ghost to the PXT, saying the PXT is the superior bat.....that's funny! And "maybe" the bat is fine for HS or TB.....WHAT?

And I won't go into sales comparison, which there is no comparison, but sales don't tell the whole story (well actually it does!!). I've hit them both personally, the PXT feels like a turd! And this is coming from someone who loves the LXT! The PXT tanked for a reason!

And yes, end load does equal power, takes the right girl, but in the right hands, look out!
I think there is a reading problem here. I in no way think the PXT is superior. I think the PXT was an absolute dud, and that is why after such a short time you could buy it at huge discount. But, the theme of the end loaded bat was the same. I also said that the Ghost for some girls is fine, as long as it does not compromise their bat speed or contact ability. But I see too many dad's thinking their 12 year old needs to be a power-hitter. And as far as the LXT is concerned; I have bought more LXT's and Demarini CF9's as gifts than all other bats combined. Xeno's are probably 3rd.

Nov 30, 2018
Marikina, Philippines
Are you saying that the Ghost isn't suitable for elite-level play? If you are, that's ridiculous.

Knee jerk reaction! I am saying it is suitable for a smaller group of players than sales would indicate! If your daughter is big, and the tail does not wag the dog; if the bat does not compromise bat speed and accuracy, where do you see the insult?

Nov 30, 2018
Marikina, Philippines
Thanks. I didnt have to say it :)

In no way was I comparing the Ghost to the PXT. I was just suggesting that some believe in absolute orthodoxy that a heavy ended bat for ALL girls is a good thing, might just as well go to a 34/26 or a PXT. There is a suitable bat for every girl, and personally I think, (in other words my opinion) the Ghost sells more than it should. It should be more specialized.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I honestly dont mind either way what people think of Eastons or whatever. People have their favs
and it is what it is. And certain folks will battle til the death to convince whatever bat they buy for their daughter is the best bat made no matter what the bats is (Ghost, LXT, CF...whatever). People adjust to weights. Thinking other bats arent made to be hot right away is very incorrect. Thats the goal of every bat made by every manufacturer...why...its what parents want. When Easton made tanks, nobody wanted them.

I also think people thinking fp bats are endloaded is a bit much. Some bats are heavier than
others...not really endloaded. And thats why people buy drop11s if they want a lighter bat.
Think too many people fall into the category of, oh, my girl is a base hitter, she cant use a Ghost
or the opposite way.

But I thought this was about the stars and stripes bat and its paintjob...thats all...haha :). Didnt really
want to get into hitting...thats the smart guy section over there :)

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I think there is a reading problem here. I in no way think the PXT is superior. I think the PXT was an absolute dud, and that is why after such a short time you could buy it at huge discount. But, the theme of the end loaded bat was the same. I also said that the Ghost for some girls is fine, as long as it does not compromise their bat speed or contact ability. But I see too many dad's thinking their 12 year old needs to be a power-hitter. And as far as the LXT is concerned; I have bought more LXT's and Demarini CF9's as gifts than all other bats combined. Xeno's are probably 3rd.
I like to think I’m just a little above average when it comes to reading and comprehension, maybe I’m fooling myself?

Looks like me and you, maybe just me, are having a hard time understanding each other? Having said that I guess I have no idea what you said, or meant in your first post?

Sounded to me like you were saying take it to the next level with the PXT.

Nov 30, 2018
Marikina, Philippines
I like to think I’m just a little above average when it comes to reading and comprehension, maybe I’m fooling myself?

Looks like me and you, maybe just me, are having a hard time understanding each other? Having said that I guess I have no idea what you said, or meant in your first post?

Sounded to me like you were saying take it to the next level with the PXT.

" . . . . . I don't think it is a bat for the average girl though. Take it one step further and go to the Louisville PXT. Or all the way and go with a 34"/26" bat like the PXT. I think the issue in swing speed and the level of play. If you stepped onto the big stage against top pitchers would it serve you? If the DD's bat speed drops from 65mph to 62mph does that serve her well? The graph below I made demonstrates one potential issue. Maybe the bat is fine in high school or Travel Ball, depending on the player's physical tools. Does end weight equal power? Usually it will compromise bat speed and to some extent swing accuracy. Is the dog wagging the tail or the tail wagging the dog? For me the size of the "sweet spot" is a major issue."

Take it one step further in going to a PXT meaning if end weighted is good for all girls, make them so much better by going to the PXT or a 34/26oz. In other words if end weighted is orthodoxy, the end all be all why not go to the extreme. My argument is not with a specific girl or type using a Ghost, it is with too many girls using the Ghost! I believe care should be used in this matter. I wrote a long article for one of the bat test outfits on youtube.
I even mentioned potential advantages in an end-loaded bat, like hitting outside (strikes) with the extra weight increasing the length of the sweet spot. I also mentioned increased problems like checking a swing.

I have two players here, both are 14 in these photos below. They both swing a CF9 slapper. Both girls are right-handed. The first pitcher beat both of these US pitchers by the way; actually all but one US pitcher. The little one, KC Valino, led the tournament in OPS and SLG. She hit 2 homeruns over a 220 foot fence. She is 4' 10.5" At 14 she threw 61 on her average fastball, with phenomenal control. The other girl did not play in that tournament. She is 5'4". The second girl had a slugging percentage of 1.782 in international competition, and led all of the Philippines in HR, BA, and SLG. They are my #1 and #2 pitchers. The bigger girl, Reyae, could handle a Ghost, but she didn't even like the LXT I bought her. She said it constrained her wrists. Just saying that there are bats for every girl and her type of swing. Both of these girls have above average swing speed. I have 5 girls under 5'4", 4 of them 5'2" or less, and only one at 5'6" who in fact did use the Ghost, that can hit commonly over a 200' fence and frequently over a 220 ft fence. Mechanics is the key for them! Only Reyae of these two here could swing the Ghost if she so chose. Each girl has a bat that suites their physical skills and mechanics. I guess it is the job of the coaches and dad's to find it. I just do not accept that there is magic in a specific bat, though some can do harm. I believe in the biggest sweat spot I can find but I do not chose my girls bats.

Attachments

• 101587228_181898579852831_6874595598247395328_n (1).jpg
    101587228_181898579852831_6874595598247395328_n (1).jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 30
  • Reyae.jpg
    Reyae.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Again, most of this belongs in the super smart hitting section since its all your opinion about hitting. I don't really know
of anyone here saying any bat is magical...but to say a bat is only for a certain player isn't right because finding a hitters correct
weight is also key. So a 32/22 may not be the girls best weight in another bat. Same as
putting an underweight bat in someone's hands that should be swinging heavier.

Not trying to get into anything else in a equipment and review section

May 8, 2019
I just said I am going by what Easton told me. Didn't pop the cap off them both to compare, thats way to pricey of a project. Maybe
my Easton rep didn't give the full details. Just said it was the dual and left it at that. Since it was a limited run, I didn't beat
him up about it because I knew I would only have them 2 months and done then back to the normal. And I wasn't trying to get
more money out of it anyway.

Says the same inner barrel...not the same bat as the Adv. The Adv also uses a different outer composite.

So, again, no idea if the 2021 dual is going to be using the inner barrel like the Adv or if the Starts and stripes was just a one time
thing (I would think not as that's a lot of money to do a bat just to be an exclusive limited number run). The 2021 bat is not even going to be talked about for a long time. Its not due to release til next year. That maybe even called the 2022 Ghost...as there really wasn't a 2021.

May 8, 2019
So much wrong in this post! First off comparing the Ghost to the PXT, saying the PXT is the superior bat.....that's funny! And "maybe" the bat is fine for HS or TB.....WHAT?

And I won't go into sales comparison, which there is no comparison, but sales don't tell the whole story (well actually it does!!). I've hit them both personally, the PXT feels like a turd! And this is coming from someone who loves the LXT! The PXT tanked for a reason!

And yes, end load does equal power, takes the right girl, but in the right hands, look out!
I was told by an Easton rep and also read on smash it sports, the limited editions was on a trial basis same barrel technology but girls were complaining about the rubber on the knob so the limited edition has the new paint job and the rubber removed it’s a trial run to see what will be produced for 2021/22 based off of performance and reviews to keep the rubber piece on or remove it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FPVQ23