Dropping Shoulder

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 26, 2011
I have a girl that in practice hits the ball well with good form. When we get in a game she will drop her back shoulder everytime & swing under the ball. Other than a few foul balls hasn't hit in the last 2 tournaments. How do I fix that?

May 13, 2008
Dropping the shoulder and pulling the ball foul? Sounds like she is not transferring the weight off of her back foot for her live swings. There is a girl on our travel team who does this; good weight transfer during practice, but squishes/drags the back foot for live swings. That tells me that she has an ingrained habit that surfaces when she turns her mind off and just hits. The best thing is to get more repetitions in. Take a hundred good cuts everyday. How many kids actually pick up a bat everyday? Crystl talks about it all the time.

Dec 3, 2009
Kansas City area
I have a girl that in practice hits the ball well with good form. When we get in a game she will drop her back shoulder everytime & swing under the ball. Other than a few foul balls hasn't hit in the last 2 tournaments. How do I fix that?

Her back shoulder should drop as part of her rotation more on lower pitches but even on a high a pitch to some degree. Do you you have video?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32