New rule proposal!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Gotta be fair rule. When the batter has two strikes she is allowed 3 foul balls. After 3 foul balls any batted ball must be hit in fair territory. Any ball hit in foul territory will be considered as strike three.
Who's with me? Played a team with 5 slappers. Some of their ABs were 13 plus pitches. Puts you and your fielders to sleep. Game lasted forever. It's for the better good of the game. Lol

May 13, 2023
Gotta be fair rule. When the batter has two strikes she is allowed 3 foul balls. After 3 foul balls any batted ball must be hit in fair territory. Any ball hit in foul territory will be considered as strike three.
Who's with me? Played a team with 5 slappers. Some of their ABs were 13 plus pitches. Puts you and your fielders to sleep. Game lasted forever. It's for the better good of the game. Lol
Toughen up! 😉
AB's 13 plus pitches, stop crying. 😂
Compile a deeper pitching roster!🎃

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I would prefer you make the rule if the slapper not use a full swing it is considered a bunt attempt and third strike bunt you are out.(And still not a fan of this idea but prefer it.) Do not agree with the three fouls only.
This is a better idea. Thanks. I was being a little tongue in cheek guys but teams with 5 slappers really put a drag on the game. They were all fast but one of them was the fastest I have seen in quite some time. She bunted it directly back to our pitcher and was safe. Had to be 2.6 or better. Exposed that pitchers have to practice defense too!

May 13, 2023
This is a better idea. Thanks. I was being a little tongue in cheek guys but teams with 5 slappers really put a drag on the game. They were all fast but one of them was the fastest I have seen in quite some time. She bunted it directly back to our pitcher and was safe. Had to be 2.6 or better. Exposed that pitchers have to practice defense too!
Sooo did those five slappers put some extra Challenge on your team?

Appears pitcher couldn't beat them with say a more normal/ usual amount of pitches?!!

May 27, 2013
I would prefer you make the rule if the slapper not use a full swing it is considered a bunt attempt and third strike bunt you are out.(And still not a fan of this idea but prefer it.) Do not agree with the three fouls only.

As long as a check swing foul by a hitter has the same rule applied.

May 13, 2023
3 fouls out?! Not a fan.
Battle is part of the game!

Discerning swings would be too difficult. Would have to be all or nothing
Swing, half swing, check swing, really going to put more decisions in the opinion of the umpire.
In this case an out...
No thanks.
I will stick with the Battle!

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Sooo did those five slappers put some extra Challenge on your team?

Appears pitcher couldn't beat them with say a more normal/ usual amount of pitches?!!
Yes they did and I am still pissed!:mad::D We lost 6 to 7 to a well coached team.
One of the challenges is staying focus when they foul off 6 or 7 pitches in a row. By the time the 4th slapper puts it in play the defenders have lost some edge.

Jan 22, 2011
That is probably why when my DD lead off a game with an 11-pitch walk, she was HPB first pitch the next at bat.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles