Deceleration and Hitting

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Back handed compliments are hard to embrace.
Not backhanded.

Lets discuss the content- Glute to glute. I think TM would teach glute to air? Glute to glute seems correct to me with the axis being the spine not the rear hip. I think you can find gifs where the same hitter might be around rear hip (hitting the ball deep) and then around spine( a little more out front) That's because the ball is traveling at 70 to 100 mph and these great athletes do whatever it takes to hit the ball. Yes, they try to stay balanced but sometimes cant.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Not backhanded.

Lets discuss the content- Glute to glute. I think TM would teach glute to air? Glute to glute seems correct to me with the axis being the spine not the rear hip. I think you can find gifs where the same hitter might be around rear hip (hitting the ball deep) and then around spine( a little more out front) That's because the ball is traveling at 70 to 100 mph and these great athletes do whatever it takes to hit the ball. Yes, they try to stay balanced but sometimes cant.
[/QUOTE]

if posture and anterior pelvic tilt is maintained, Glute to glute should be the result. Of course sequence and intent has to be correct.

Imo TM doesn’t involve the frontside of the body but to catch the swing so I think his model would be glute to barrel. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zwhickcar