DD turns her drive foot just a bit on delivery

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Big German!

Banned
Mar 3, 2014
My dd turns her drive foot just a bit...Most PC say its no big deal. He doesnt push straight off. Its not ahuge turn and she doesnt point the toe toward second base and she has a good drag pattern etc. Im not thinking im going to focus to much on it . Just wondering what some thoughts are on that topic. I see several NCAA pitchers that do it also. I have her pitching out of the lil red box for now but she still turns it over sometimes.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
"chronic leaping problems" Yep. That is my gal. She works to correct it, and then, it sneaks back in. I don't use the box more than once a year, but it has it's purpose.

Sep 10, 2013
i built a box like that for DD from a few pieces of wood. DD didn't like it and we stopped using it just a week after i built it.
DD eventually straightened her push-off.

Nov 3, 2013
Stoddard, WI
I am having the same problem with my DD. She picked up this habit over the winter praticing and pitching games on turf. She argues there is nothing wrong with it. My arguement is
1. It is not a natural motion.
2. Put your power towards the plate not the side.
3. You will eventually develop muscle strain on ankle, knee and hip.

What else? How do I fix? I am building a little red box tomorrow. Thoughts please?

Dec 25, 2010
"chronic leaping problems" Yep. That is my gal. She works to correct it, and then, it sneaks back in. I don't use the box more than once a year, but it has it's purpose.

from the looks of the dirt, she's still leaping even with the box

dang it looks so nice there. stupid winter

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
For me, slight turning of the foot is tolerable, though not ideal. I just think they get a lot more powerful push with a straighter foot. Further, keeping their foot straight helps keep them from opening too soon. But there's that post by Boardmember that makes me wonder if I'm saying opening when I should be saying closing. I think you know what I mean, though.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Turning the foot by itself is not an issue if everything else is fine. Since the vast majority of pitchers start with some degree of turn, why do something different unless it's part of a bigger problem?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdwingnut