DD turns her drive foot just a bit on delivery

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Big German!

Banned
Mar 3, 2014
Thanks Ken... unless it affects her I'm not gonna worry right now...she just turned 9 and hits the gun at 43-44 steady... I switched her to IR in September where she was throwing 35-36, anyone who says whipping isn't better than pushing is crazy... She did grow a bit but thats a helluva difference....I also ditched the flip change for the paralized hand..cat claw..or whatever its called..much better control. Unless the side of her foot drags I'm gonna pretend I don't see it... Now she's on her toe and that's my main concern.

Thanks

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Side of the foot is another one I might not sweat... If Sarah Pauly, Finch, Lawrie and other greats can do it it with no verified concerns, I'm ok with it!

Big German!

Banned
Mar 3, 2014
Side of the foot is another one I might not sweat... If Sarah Pauly, Finch, Lawrie and other greats can do it it with no verified concerns, I'm ok with it!

You know what they definately do it..for sure..Especially Pauly. Buuut Ken they are 6'3 and can power through it. My DD is 4'10 81lbs. That sideways foot is like an anchor for those small girls! She picked up speed by eliminating that alone! I respectfully disagree, atleast when it comes to the 10u girls! What do you think? I know when my dd was doing it and she had cleats on as an 8 year old, she could barley drag her foot forward...Buuut she had a bad case of it..literally almost turned toward 2nd base!

Big German!

Banned
Mar 3, 2014
Oh, I agree! All three of my pitchers turn their drive foot to initiate their drives, and it drives be crazy. Why? Because two of the three aren't really driving out with an explosive drive. They are turning their legs, hips, shoulders as they initiate their drives, which I see as resulting in a very week drive. I'm currently working with them to keep things more square to the catcher as they initiate their drives so as to get a more explosive drive, together with landing on a firmer front side, so as to help them get more velocity. If they were getting explosive leaps landing on a firm front side with a turned foot start, I wouldn't bother them much.

Good advise. Thanks!

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
Just ribbin' you guys. I just know a few guys who still report their basketball shoes-on height as their height. So not only have they lost an inch in their 50 years, they've also lost that inch in the soles of their BKB shoes.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
6.4 3/4 in younger years. 6.4 1/4 now. I think the years of foolishness have taken a toll (backflips out of swings and jumping cars on my bicycle!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619