DD Getting frozen out of High School ball. Any options during that time

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 20, 2020
Yeah without actually seeing the players, I have no idea about the actual situation in the OP (which is why I said in most cases when I mentioned 5 runs vs no-no). What I am talking about ( I guess I should have prefaced my statements by saying this) is a hypothetical situation where the underclassmen is the better player and is not being played due to seniority..that is a punishment IMO. It isn't a punishment which will scar the kid for life, but a punishment nonetheless.

But that's the macro for all these conversations. It's rarely a matter of big differences. A freshman shortstop's parents get mad any time the senior botches a grounder, because their kid is perfect in club games. They assume it's a seniority thing -- and it might be -- but we also might be talking one meaningless play every three games. And the parents don't see how the freshman does in practice. Or a freshman batting .367 being behind a senior batting .345 -- the differences in this game are usually minute. As parents we see our kids int eh best possible light, and that lighting might not always be as good for the rest fo the world. Or a coaching staff.

No one -- at least not me -- is arguing that when there's a giant ability discrepency that the older kid should play all the time. It's just that the differences are rarely as big as the parents of kids who aren't playing make them out to be.

Feb 1, 2021
Sure this has been covered already and I didn't read all the posts, but if you are willing to travel to a state that plays softball in the opposite season, you can play. We had a girl on our travel team in the same situation but she played with a team from TN during HS ball. That was a 5 hour trip for them to do so, so you have to be committed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma