Coronavirus

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 28, 2014

I'm an engineer not a doctor and I know that many in the medical field love long and intense studies. Unfortunately we don't have a long time here. Lets get it going. If people end up with a third arm so be it.

May 27, 2013
I think we just like to know we aren‘t going to cause undue harm to patients when we prescribe a drug that comes along with a lot of side effects and is not yet FDA approved for a specific indication. We like benefit vs risk. My malpractice premium is high enough.

But I know where you’re coming from - my dh is a chemical engineer.

Apr 28, 2014
I think we just like to know we aren‘t going to cause undue harm to patients when we prescribe a drug that comes along with a lot of side effects and is not yet FDA approved for a specific indication. We like benefit vs risk. My malpractice premium is high enough.

But I know where you’re coming from - my dh is a chemical engineer.
Whats good about the HCQ + AXI is that they are both very long studied pharma with much data.

May 27, 2013
Whats good about the HCQ + AXI is that they are both very long studied pharma with much data.
I agree with you there but Plaquenil can be pretty nasty. They used this exact combo when a close family member was diagnosed with babesiosis.

Apr 28, 2014
I agree with you there but Plaquenil can be pretty nasty. They used this exact combo when a close family member was diagnosed with babesiosis.
I'm glad right to try was passed and hope they act quickly to get these drug to people who need them,

Jun 8, 2016
I'm an engineer not a doctor and I know that many in the medical field love long and intense studies. Unfortunately we don't have a long time here. Lets get it going. If people end up with a third arm so be it.
Fauci pumped the brakes a bit on this today. Doesn't mean it cannot be helpful or there won't be other drugs that come along that will help eventually

only that one has to be careful about where they are getting their information and the objectivity of the source regarding the subject..

Apr 28, 2014
I called a very old friend tonight, haven't spoke with her in a long while. She works for NCI in Bethesda in Cancer research (smartest person I know). She shared with me, and put it in laymen's terms for me... that Plaquenil as she called it seems to help to reduce the body's inflammation response to the virus. She got deep into why bats (real bats not Ghosts) can host viruses like Covid and said that bats don't have an inflammation response to viruses where as humans do hence pneumonia. That's why, according to her, bats don't fall ill to these type of diseases.
She is not a medical doctor but a researcher and feels like this may not be a cure but will help save lives. She said only a vaccine will be near 100%.

Apr 28, 2014
Fauci pumped the brakes a bit on this today. Doesn't mean it cannot be helpful or there won't be other drugs that come along that will help eventually

only that one has to be careful about where they are getting their information and the objectivity of the source regarding the subject..
Makes sense! Don't want it to cause more harm that it's worth but need something. Sounds like many hospitals are already trying it as we speak.

Mar 28, 2014
South Korea used this drug and their mortality rate, as you have seen, has been remarkably lower than anyone else.

Last edited:
May 27, 2013
South Korea used this drug and their mortality rate, as you have seen, has been remarkably lower than anyone else.

Again, I’m not against using it and I hope that it is something that will work if approved. I just feel the study has a lot of flaws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12