Compliance to the Alliance? $$$$

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
To be completely honest between this garbage and my twitter feed filling up with 6th grade girls basketball player highlights so they can get on coaches' radars, I am getting disenchanted with the whole "youth sports in 2022" thing pretty quickly..

Jul 19, 2021
We were told last fall that we would have to keep score using Athletes Go Live to qualify for Alliance Nationals this year.
Sorry they told you that because it is 100% incorrect. This is a prime example of how bad info/rumors turn into some people's reality. I'm sure you believed whoever told you that (because why wouldn't you) so then you tell someone else that and so on and so on and so on.

Aug 17, 2019
Last year my DD's team "qualified" for Alliance because of a forfeit and decided that since we didn't really qualify, we would do PGF, since we won a platinum bid in a qualifier by going through the death march after losing our 2nd game. Came down to the last inning of last game to not get a premier bid.

The stronger competition in our area mostly played PGF and the competition wasn't that strong in the local Alliance tournaments last year.

We were told last fall that we would have to keep score using Athletes Go Live to qualify for Alliance Nationals this year. We were told we couldn't do PGF nationals this year, but not being able to do any PGF events was not clearly communicated.

The team that won 16u Alliance nationals last year had 3 players my DD played with during rec all-stars.

Should be interesting to see if the competition is stronger at the qualifying tournament this weekend, but only 7 16u teams are qualified. At least half our parents aren't thrilled about having to fly to Indiana if we qualify.

Most of the older organizations in our area are still doing PGF.
And they are giving 3 berths for 7 teams. What's even worst is the 18U division only has 5 teams and they are still giving 3 berths. In this division, 2 of the teams only have to win one game to get a berth.

Jan 22, 2011
Sorry they told you that because it is 100% incorrect. This is a prime example of how bad info/rumors turn into some people's reality. I'm sure you believed whoever told you that (because why wouldn't you) so then you tell someone else that and so on and so on and so on.
It was the head of our local franchise of a major national org. I'm pretty sure I also saw it on the local Alliance league website.

Jul 19, 2021
It was the head of our local franchise of a major national org. I'm pretty sure I also saw it on the local Alliance league website.
Yeah that sucks that he was wrong. Some bad info going around and someone like that saying it only makes it worse.

May 7, 2015
SoCal
There are so many SoCal teams that will stay local for PGF events, why not just jump ship to one of them? If you are in the minority on your team about wanting to stay local, then you'll need to jump ship. If the majority of the team wants to stay local, then it seems like the coach is to blame for not standing up to the org.

Many orgs and coaches had a shake up over the Alliance/PGF split, most created new orgs and some jumped to the org biased one way or the other to ensure they could do what they want.

I wish you luck in finding happiness in this regard. I agree, your situation makes an expensive activity moreso with the added travel.

Feb 15, 2017
We were an early adopter of TFL/Alliance. However, within the first year they started mandating all teams use AGL to score official games. To receive “points”, it was required. Our team and teams we were playing were curious why we should all switch scoring apps (most used GC, and a few SidelineHD) to something with a less than stellar reputation. So we made the change to AGL, and ran into issue after issue. After 2-3 tournaments, we decided to abandon scoring with AGL, and move on from Alliance. I’m assuming a lot of money is changing hands just on a scoring app to enforce use of an Inferior product that very few want to use.
PGF in Florida has went to AGL and wrinkled a bunch of feathers because it doesn't work and they select the tournament all stars based in AGL. There's some very unhappy folks.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12