Coach Weaver Passed Away

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 13, 2010
I never met him, but I spoke to him on here and he seemed such a wonderful man. What a terrible loss for his family.

RIP.

Jul 26, 2010
Dave was an inspiration to many, both young and old alike. He was always willing to answer questions about his craft and was very approachable. I know I will go on teaching what I was able to learn from his camp and video for a long time to come. RIP Coach.

-W

Oct 13, 2010
Georgia
I never met Coach Weaver, but his posts on this forum were always very insightful and enlightening. He was very generous with his information to help young catchers. He will be greatly missed. God bless coach Weaver and his family, R.I.P.

Oct 10, 2010
I had been praying for Coach Weaver. This is so sad. Although we had never met him, he had done so much to help my daughter. And I know he helped many, many other young catchers. Rest in peace.

Sep 3, 2009
He will certainly be missed, such a terrible loss.

Between games yesterday, my dd and I checked out another team. We saw a girl behind the plate that clearly, was using Coach Weaver's system. His teachings will live on, behind the plate at ball fields all across the country.

Nov 12, 2009
Kansas City
If you go over all the posts in the catching forum of "Discuss Fastpitch," you will find the vast majority of them will either have a comment by Dave himself, or he and his instruction methods will be referenced. What started as a man trying to provide quality catching instruction for his boys (Catching camps at that time meant that the catchers caught the pitchers and received little or no instruction!) has evolved into a systematic approach to instructing catching skills that have impacted baseball and softball communities across the US, Canada and as far away as Australia. The New England Catching Camp sends Dave's DVDs across the country and around the world.

Though we lost Dave last Friday in body, Dave lives on in every catcher that knows his three stances, can block a pitch in the dirt without ever laying a glove on it and recover it to throw out the fastest runner at any base. Anytime a catcher takes an elbow, knee or cleat to the face and they have their mask still on, be sure to thank Dave in Heaven.

There would be no Advanced Catching Concepts in Kansas City without Coach Dave Weaver working with my own DD and then mentoring dear old dad as well. Dave's catching instruction has impacted over 150 baseball and fastpitch catchers in the Kansas City area with catcher's families willing to travel 2 hours to learn how to catch with Coach Dave's methods. (We had catchers come from California and Texas come to Kansas City for his fall camp in '09!) This type of instruction has played out in many communities across the country.

Baseball and softball communities alike have suffered a terrible loss. Heaven has gained a truly great man. In the last year Coach Dave made it his personal mission to encourage people to get screened for colorectal cancer. I would like to encourage all the great folks on Discuss Fastpitch to NEVER put off getting checked at the first sign of any changes in the way your body "works." (Dave would be much more blunt at this point)

Dave, we will miss you. -Chaz Wood in KC

Feb 16, 2010
Nashua, NH
For those looking for information about Coach Weaver's services...

I was over at the Weaver's this afternoon. (I went to high school with Jay and have known the Weavers since they moved up to NH.) Jay has set up an registration page to help the family get a better idea about how many people plan on attending services so they can plan accordingly. I know there are a lot of people in the local community that will be there but it is hard to guess how many people will be traveling. There will be a Memorial Service held at the Manchester Christian Church (Manchester, NH) and the a Celebration of Life at Play Ball, an indoor baseball/softball facility in Salem, NH. If you plan on attending, please go to the following link and "register" with the appropriate number of people. Times, dates, addresses are at this link.

Dave Weaver Memorial Service and Celebration of Life - Eventbrite

Also, there is a video slideshow being put together. I put a form on my website to make it easy for people to upload images. If you've been to a camp or attended clinics or anything, please share you picture so it can be included in the slideshow. The person making the slideshow will receive a link to the image and be able to add it.

http://www.abathletics.com/dave-weav...deo-slideshow/

Last, please share these links with anybody you think may want/need to know. The family has a lot going on and would appreciate any help in getting the word out to the baseball and softball communities that Coach Weaver has so greatly contributed to.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish