Coaching Power Struggle

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 9, 2019
Best of luck, jntadt22. Please update us in the future.
So for the New Years' update. My DD has found another team, although we needed to go to 3 tryouts with varying degrees of talent levels.

The first wasn't bad, but was somewhat unorganized (and 2 hours away). The next she was picked up for a tournament and they just used her as a sub. In all honesty I wasn't happy with how that team was coached in a game, so it was probably a good thing. The next day after the tournament she had her last tryout and did terrible. I think she was tired, and not feeling it. But the coach saw a few positives and offered her a spot on the team.

The team is better than the one she was on previously. The coach is willing to work with her on getting her up to speed with their team and process. He also drove an hour to watch her hitting lesson with her hitting coach and came away pleased.

Now after all that, they just got back to team practices from the holidays, and she hit really well. Some of the girls you could hear/see them in shock at how much better she hit in practice versus her tryout performance. All in all, I think this situation will be much in the long run. She's happier, I'm definitely happier.

I really hated to quit a team, but it seems to be working out for us so far at least.

Thanks to everyone for making the decision a little easier for us.

Oct 4, 2018
Well done!

I was told very early in my travel softball career that "there's a team out there for every girl" and I believe it. Glad she found one.

Feb 20, 2019
Kids are resilient, she'll be fine. Sounds like you're in a much better situation now.

I've taught my DD to honor commitment and she is as loyal as they come. However, the situation has to be right from the start for that to apply. Glad to see you took time to evaluation each team and didn't join the first one that offered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coopdog