Coach Weaver Passed Away

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

FastpitchFan

Softball fan
Feb 28, 2008
Montreal, Canada
It is with great sadness that I have just learn from a facebook update of his son Jay that our friend and fellow forum member Coach Weaver has passed away this morning...

From his son Jay:

"I know a lot of you have been waiting for an update. I am so unbelievably saddened to have to let all of you know that around 10:30am this June 17th 2011 my father passed away from colon cancer. He was our rock, our hero, and my personal Superman."

I would like to extend my deepest sympathies to Coach Weaver's families.

Coach weaver, who I had the chance to meet personally and learn from, was an extraordinary man with an absolute passion for teaching catchers.

He's helped countless young man and women become better catchers through his lessons, camps, clinics, and video. His video is considered by many to be the best there is on the market about developing catchers.

He's also helped give more importance to dedicated athletes who do an often overlooked, thankless but very important job.

May Coach Weaver rest in peace.

Coach-Dave-Weaver.jpg
Coach Dave Weaver doing what he loved a month ago...
www.catchingcamp.com

Nov 12, 2009
Kansas City
Dave was a dear friend who will be sorely missed. He has touched and impacted catchers and their families from coast to coast. (As well as several foreign countries) Coach Weaver has touched the lives (directly and indirectly)of nearly 200 catchers in the KC area alone. There would be no Advanced Catching Concepts without him. We will miss you Dave.

Jun 21, 2010
I'm so sorry to hear this. My daughter learned a great deal from Coach Weaver's DVD. We were hoping to make it to one of the camps this year. He will be missed.

Jul 19, 2008
I never got to meet Dave, but got to "chat" with him a bunch of times on facebook. He was a very good man, willing to help any way he could. He always was willing to talk and answer questions. You rarely get that these days, especially from a professional instructor of any kind. I was looking forward to working on getting him to Wisconsin for a camp. He will be missed bigtime......

May 7, 2008
Tucson
What a terrible thing to have happen just 2 days before Father's Day. I bet he will be with you, in many ways, though. God bless.

Jul 28, 2008
My condolences to Dave's family. His family & friends as well as the baseball and softball community have lost a great man.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Whenever I see a catcher using Coach Weavers techniques I'll be reminded of what he brought to the sports of BB and SB.
RIP Coach Weaver.

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
I am shocked! I thought this was just a setback and we'd see him again.
can anyone tell me how to find them on Facebook? (there's lots of Dave Weavers there)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish