Cameron 2010

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
both hips and shoulders. It sounds counter intuitive but it’s the only way to get the middle to contract reactively.
5ug28vK.gif

I know I keep pushing this drill but I have had a bit of success with Marcela of late using the feet crossed Babe Ruth drill to work on staying closed (some people call it "attack position") as she moves out. Marcela's stride issue causes the angle of the shoulders (wrt the ground) to be off but in terms of staying closed off longer it has helped some.

Edit: I will say that at your DD's age she may have some issues with uncrossing her feet in a "coordinated way" at first in that drill so be patient with it if you decide to give it a try.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Try having her hit long tee to RCF. Put tee outside and deeper than she likes. I with I am a big fan of the Babe Ruth drill lately too. Also this one. Keeps her in her glutes.

Nov 26, 2020
5ug28vK.gif

I know I keep pushing this drill but I have had a bit of success with Marcela of late using the feet crossed Babe Ruth drill to work on staying closed (some people call it "attack position") as she moves out. Marcela's stride issue causes the angle of the shoulders (wrt the ground) to be off but in terms of staying closed off longer it has helped some.

Edit: I will say that at your DD's age she may have some issues with uncrossing her feet in a "coordinated way" at first in that drill so be patient with it if you decide to give it a try.
We did the feet together drill quite a bit and I'm going to go back to that and try this one as well. Thanks!

Nov 26, 2020
Try having her hit long tee to RCF. Put tee outside and deeper than she likes. I with I am a big fan of the Babe Ruth drill lately too. Also this one. Keeps her in her glutes.

Definitely going to do some tee work with the tee in deeper instead of out front.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32