Cameron 2010

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
I've gotten good advice from this thread but none better than sequencing and intent to hit the ball hard both related. If we had to do it over again I might do it differently but now she understands we want good mechanics but it's equally important to hit the ball hard with proper sequencing. We played four 10U games yesterday in three of them the pitchers were throwing high 40's. Her home run was against the slower pitcher. Her approach against the faster pitchers is that she is swinging at every pitch until she is not. If it's bad she has to stop. We say it's easy to hit and hard to stop.

Sequencing was something my DD was missing as well. Once that was figured out things started to come into place a lot faster.

Nov 26, 2020
So we’ve been working hard on seeing some faster pitching and starting early and I think we over did it. Last couple of times hitting live she looks like she is lunging. I took a close look at this video and I’m not sure if she’s lunging or she’s just hitting the ball too far in front of the plate. Either way, we’ve been doing well and I don’t want this to linger. Anything you guys see that can help? Thx!

Oct 26, 2019
She’s just early. If you have been working on her being quicker then that makes sense. Too much of a good thing sorta thing.

When a players timing is off don’t spend too much time analyzing the swing. Most swings look bad when the hitter is early.

Nov 26, 2020
We’ve been drilling into all of our girls heads to have a plan before they get up to bat. I can ask Cameron after the game what her plan was and she will say I started stepping right before the ball left her hand. The problem is I don’t think she adjusts her plan after she made up her mind. So if she’s early she stays early. Always something!

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Telling her to turn on the ball is probably bad advice. Notice the pelvis open early compared to the previous game swing. I wouldn’t ask for extra power. It’s pretty much a recipe for disaster. Practice staying closed as long as possible. That’s when efficiency happens and HER power and adjustability will be maximized. Not manufactured compensations that don’t scale.

Nov 26, 2020
Telling her to turn on the ball is probably bad advice. Notice the pelvis open early compared to the previous game swing. I wouldn’t ask for extra power. It’s pretty much a recipe for disaster. Practice staying closed as long as possible. That’s when efficiency happens and HER power and adjustability will be maximized. Not manufactured compensations that don’t scale.
[/QUOTE
Thanks! When you say stay closed as long as possible are you speaking about the upper body?

Nov 26, 2020
Thanks! When you say stay closed as long as possible are you speaking about the upper body?
Also I don’t know why I said “turn on it”. It’s never been one of our cues. It must be I saw her throwing her body at the pitches.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mizenikki1