Bustos

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 12, 2014
NEMO
crystalbustos1.gif

This looks a lot like Maddy O'Brien's swing to me ... It seems like they just skip part of everyone else's swing.

So, just a couple questions. Bustos=Howard? And Howard is the LSU Howard?

Aug 1, 2008
ohio

Mann.

I think the lag you might be looking for is what we call box in the matrix drill.
As Albert just turns the corner and his hand is stacked over the elbow, that is the box position we teach...

He at this point has not released his wrists to impact.

Once you hit box....hand stacked over elbow...This is the place during the swing you might see the lag, that is where I see it...
You hit this spot in the swing and your hitters wont have barrel drag....

You have to do the Elvis move, get to box, hand stacked over elbow, then release the barrel to impact.
This will be a hips leading swing...and powerful.
I have a whole bunch of 10,11 and 12 year olds right now. I have a couple of 11 year old dads telling me any day now, they see their daughters sailing one out...:D

Straightleg

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2008
ohio
This looks a lot like Maddy O'Brien's swing to me ... It seems like they just skip part of everyone else's swing.

My daughter side by side with her...Casey is 6-7 years older now from this gif.

So, just a couple questions. Bustos=Howard? And Howard is the LSU Howard?

Howard was an Olympic hitting coach. Traveled with Team China. He took them from 7 or 8th in the world and moved them up towards the top. I think 3rd, maybe 4th.
He is also Busto's hitting coach.

He has had Finch, berg, wadtley, and a host of other Olympic hitters in his garage hitting. His walls are full of pictures of him, with them.
The main guy who has taught me.
Very close friends...was at his house helping him just this past Sunday.

He has also between him and bustos put over 100 kids in college with all different amounts of paid scholarships...

Dan-O...that is who Howard is.

Straightleg

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Not good? or proper?

outsidetocontactslo-Mgif-29picrvp.jpg

can either of you stop and freeze the frame you call "stacked" or the Rvp position in this gif?

Utley_overhead.gif

Now of topic, but since Knight has cleared up the confusion, we can talk about the issues around this demo.(Bustos)

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Not good? or proper?

View attachment 8359

can either of you stop and freeze the frame you call "stacked" or the Rvp position in this gif?

Utley_overhead.gif

Now of topic, but since Knight has cleared up the confusion, we can talk about the issues around this demo.(Bustos)

The pic of albert when he freezes is box. Your pic is close but alberts lower half has traveled quite of bit farther than where you are at. Albert's foot is leaving the ground from rotation.

SL

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
outsidetocontactslo-M.gif

Cabrera_2012WS_XMO_K.gif

Thanks Five, I would like to my hitters to get as far as Cabreara does in his swing here.

or as in the connection drill.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pquLUwOcw6Q

You will see in the second, that there is a better stack, but it is out front. The first is not stacked.

In TM drill he dumps the barrel to soon, I would like to have hitters keep the barrel up longer, and pivot with the hands in front of the elbow, how far depends.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MMMichigan1