Bustos

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
It is true that a goal of a vertical stacked rear forearm would result in further displacement of the elbow away from the body. That excuse was actually used in one argument to support having a vertically stacked forearm. The excuse was that large chested ladies needed to swing this way. That however was just an excuse and more a demonstration of not properly understanding swing fundamentals.

Not long ago we had a few posters discussing the virtues of not swinging in the "frontal plane", but in the "sagittal plane".

I had one hitter that was so large that she went through two breast reduction surgeries. At no point, did she ever need a modified swing because of her extremely large bust size.

Maybe this here will help ....

I have to say you are the best expert I know of, that can copy and paste. You are such a good student of what everyone else posts. I commend you on that...
Do you have any original thoughts of your own backed up by any kid you work with? This is the world wide web.
You claim to work with students of every level.

Any parent out there on the world wide web claim this guy as your hitting coach?

SL

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
It is true that a goal of a vertical stacked rear forearm would result in further displacement of the elbow away from the body. That excuse was actually used in one argument to support having a vertically stacked forearm. The excuse was that large chested ladies needed to swing this way. That however was just an excuse and more a demonstration of not properly understanding swing fundamentals.

Not long ago we had a few posters discussing the virtues of not swinging in the "frontal plane", but in the "sagittal plane".

I had one hitter that was so large that she went through two breast reduction surgeries. At no point, did she ever need a modified swing because of her extremely large bust size.

Maybe this here will help ....

I have to say you are the best expert I know of, that can copy and paste. You are such a good student of what everyone else posts. I commend you on that...
Do you have any original thoughts of your own backed up by any kid you work with? This is the world wide web.
You claim to work with students of every level.

Any parent out there on the world wide web claim this guy as your hitting coach?

SL

SL, I don't need you to commend me on anything.

The thoughts above are mine ... minus the supporting video segment.

Got to tell you, when I first read the excuse that woman with large chests needed to swing differently, it was me that was wondering if you had any practical experience training hitters.

Are you finally ready for a technical discussion?

May 20, 2015
I have to say you are the best expert I know of, that can copy and paste.
SL

He has it down to both an art and a science.:D

I haven't located my Bustos DVDs yet. Now I have to find them.
I can't sleep at night knowing they're lost.
It seems like the debate rages on.
At least one issue has been cleared up. It's a clip of her demonstrating something.
Not a drill.

By the way, the DVD by the LSU Howard is also a good thing.
I know, I know, "what do you like about them"?
First I like the DRILLS that concentrate on the foot usage.
Second, I like the fact he doesn't use a golf club.

Red, are you okay?
You haven't chimed in enough.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Red, are you okay?
You haven't chimed in enough.

Sorry. If you have anything particular you want to learn you can message me, I will even give you the "straightleg courtesy" where you can tell others a few weeks later that it is something you have known and practiced for years. ;)

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Sorry. If you have anything particular you want to learn you can message me, I will even give you the "straightleg courtesy" where you can tell others a few weeks later that it is something you have known and practiced for years. ;)

You have done so much better than I at ...

May 20, 2015

Atta-boy.

Keep up the good work.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse