Bustos

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
I do not mind this clip of Bustos.

sndu35.gif

Hands above ball, hands inside ball, keep hands loaded.

can I see the proper way to see how to hit a ball above your neck? and inside.

As a matter of fact, as I look at it, I was just teaching someone how to keep their head ball side of that inside pitch.

I do not like or use SIDE TOSS, so there on that, but I like the low ball work, I use a traffic cone, pop bottle sounds a little more forgiving though.

Lots of my work with players resembles what I see her doing, staying connected on the turn, with still loaded hands, and pivot.

It will transfer over into a nice whip.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Mann, IMO you should seek verification via the Hanson Principle before deciding if you like the clip you posted.

Just a thought mind you.

You won't find game swings of MLB players with this swing. You won't find game swings of Bustos with this swing. Welcome you proving me wrong on that.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Mann - Looking at the clip, I wonder how the hitter can see the flight of the ball effectively with the lead arm obscuring her view. There is also the knob-push move that many people think is not part of a good swing pattern. Do you see a problem with either of these two issues?

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Mann - Looking at the clip, I wonder how the hitter can see the flight of the ball effectively with the lead arm obscuring her view. There is also the knob-push move that many people think is not part of a good swing pattern. Do you see a problem with either of these two issues?

There are more issues.

What do you think of the upper body leading the lower body?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414