Best 12 " fast pitch softball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 29, 2011
For little league and 12u girls whats the census on what is the best fast pitch softball to use. My little league is trying to decide on new balls and all opinions would be welcome. We currently use a promark spc 12-y cor.47 poly core, it has hardly any raised seame and is very slippery. Thanks in advance.

Jul 26, 2010
Sounds synthetic. Anything leather would be better. I like Dudley for the rainy months (big seams) and the wilson dream seams for summer.

-W

Apr 13, 2010
My pitcher likes the laces and leather. The more prominent the laces the better. A brand new Dudley SB 12 is a fave.

Oct 13, 2010
Georgia
Dream seam. Good raised seams, good feeling real leather, reasonable price. It's what we, and a lot of the other TB teams around here, use. Of course there are cheaper balls out there, sounds like you're using some.

Nov 1, 2009
Where are you playing? In the south where it is really hot you really need to use a poly core ball to ensure you don't lose your compression in the heat. They also last a lot longer than the cork center balls for roundness but all of them are subject to leather tears if they hit the concrete.

I would go online and find the cheapest balls you can with these characteristics. If you have any Academy Sports and Outdoors near by they carry the Dreamseam and only charge about $4 per ball which is a great deal. Some of the stores will even give you 10% of if you are part of an organization.

Jul 28, 2008
Are you asking for a pitcher's daddy or a hitter's daddy?

We entered a tournament last year where the TD told us to supply our own softballs. I was told that our pitchers would be using the balls we supplied. There were no specifications on what to get. I was seriously thinking on going out and getting some nice mush balls for the other team to hit. This year they put out specs on what to get. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DDubyah