Let’s talk about "machine pitch-able" balls

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 7, 2016
Look at Tatoo NX3's the seams are molded into the ball and last a lot longer life span wise. Have been great "jugs" balls for us.

Feb 3, 2016
The Shark Softballs have the lowest seams and would work best in pitching machines.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Jul 13, 2019
We had a three wheel machine for a while and it used a leather ball. The girls said that the balls stung their hands. That machine broke. We were then forced to use a Jugs machine and went with a dimpled ball. It was a Jugs 12 inch sting free dimpled machine ball. They cost about $69-79 per dozen and they don't seem to hurt the girls hands. We did break a bat but it was 3 years old. These balls for the most part fly true and give a repeatable pitch. I have noticed that sometimes the machine will walk a little bit and then the balls have a tendency to ride inside on the batter.

I don't really like to use the machine, but it is the only way that we can simulate game speed.

Does anybody wash the balls. We have some balls that are about a year or so old and I notice that they don't travel as true as the newer ones and even the newer ones have collected a lot dust and dirt from the balcony floor and then that dirt ends up on the wheel and I think that causes the ball to slip one way or another. I'm thinking if I wash the balls and get the dirt off the balls and out of the grooves that they would fly truer. I seem to be the only one that is worried about this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812