barrel/hand pivot point, a.k.a TTB

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Maybe if you shared what part you disagree with and why assumptions wouldn't be made.

I do not believe the front foot has to be fully on the ground in order to be optimal. It can be, but it doesn't need to be. Launch can occur at toe touch, but it can also occur prior to toe touch or after toe touch depending on the hitters timing on that specific pitch. But if I had to make a choice, I would rather be early than late. My version of FYB includes >50% of weight on the rear side. I do not think 50/50 is ideal. Once a hitter reaches 50/50, his adjustabillity is already compromised.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
I do not believe the front foot has to be fully on the ground in order to be optimal. It can be, but it doesn't need to be. Launch can occur at toe touch, but it can also occur prior to toe touch or after toe touch depending on the hitters timing on that specific pitch. But if I had to make a choice, I would rather be early than late. My version of FYB includes >50% of weight on the rear side. I do not think 50/50 is ideal. Once a hitter reaches 50/50, his adjustabillity is already compromised.

So 50/50 is a compromised rear leg/hip relationship ? Or is the rear leg used to drive the swing (similar to Rich's theory ) ?

What would the weight distribution be on these 2 ?

I3lbNro.gif

4UzzfVL.gif

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
So 50/50 is a compromised rear leg/hip relationship ? Or is the rear leg used to drive the swing (similar to Rich's theory ) ?

Compromised relationship. I see the rear leg as the anchor that the swing it built around. You often speak of weight transferring across the pelvis. Using 50/50 as a starting point, at what point would you consider it transferring too far?

May 12, 2016
This is all theoretical until people post their hitters who they taught using whatever "theory" they ascribe to. Everybody sh&*s on TM but at least he has hitters which you can sh&* on 😉 . To his credit @Work=wins has at least shown his kid. I believe @Bobby Shirer has too albeit from about 100 meters away :LOL: . [B]@julray has shown his DD but it may have been before his epiphany :p .[/B]

I have no theory which is clearly evident in my kid's swing :rolleyes:
Yep, a little too late. :). Your DD is going to be great

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Compromised relationship. I see the rear leg as the anchor that the swing it built around. You often speak of weight transferring across the pelvis. Using 50/50 as a starting point, at what point would you consider it transferring too far?

I don't look at it from a 50/50 but more from the weight shifting across the pelvis to the front leg within the frontal plane.. Hitters who move in the s-plane don't have to think or worry about the rear leg as an anchor since the weight isn't shifting from one side of the body to the other in the frontal plane.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali

not at you RD. Content.

Start being LESS adjustable... insert foot in mouth. ‘ I want to hit it at a specific spot’ ... talk about being perfect. Talk about limiting yourself. He wants the knob not to swing? He wants the follow-through to be body not arms and hands? Hes becoming his own virus! 😆

cant do this,

or this

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
My experience was on a private website where I could not see the content.

Cannonball, back in the all you would've needed to do is join his web site and your duaghters swing would have been a match...

This movement is another push according to the HI world.

9UYybAB.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying