barrel/hand pivot point, a.k.a TTB

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
The parents have their choice. And each has their own methods of making that choice. Personally a lot of the things you talk about make sense to me. Always has. Not all of it. But some of it. The problem is you spend too much time explaining why someone else is wrong instead of why you are right. To me that is a huge turnoff. But maybe that's just me. I still appreciate your contributions. Just wish you could focus on a topic without peddling your agenda.

Sorry but my agenda is the truth of the high level swing (Not false claims).. Thankfully there are allot more folks seeing my agenda which is what matters on these boards..

Jun 8, 2016
He was a decent coach, he wasn't a great coach, oh and he hated it.
He won coach of the year and GM of the year and yes he wasn't fond of it. He was smart enough to know his limitations and hired Rick Carlise for that reason.

May 12, 2016
You just keep proving my point for me. I do appreciate that. I have said repeatedly that I dont follow TM yet you continue to claim I do. Wow... Not even sure what else to say at this point.
Because you engage in the conversation every time his name is mentioned.. same with TTB, See what I'm doing here FP26, making generalizations based on my observations in this thread. Can you imagine if there were one hundred people just like you who did not follow TM, but I claimed they did because of what I perceive? It's almost kind of like those people who say the pros don't know what they talk about or do, and claim they do something else.

Jun 8, 2016
Pro tip: don't try and run a bunch of 100m sprints full speed when you haven't run sprints in 5 years (come on @julray you know what to give me a like for that one) .

Nov 16, 2017
He won coach of the year and GM of the year and yes he wasn't fond of it. He was smart enough to know his limitations and hired Rick Carlise for that reason.

My point exactly. Most of the best players and best musicians hate teaching. They don't have the patience for others that aren't on their level which is basically 0.01%. So when ARod is "teaching" do you really think he is invested in you really understanding what the heck he is talking about?"

Most great players are Nick Burns the computer guy.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Sorry but my agenda is the truth of the high level swing (Not false claims).. Thankfully there are allot more folks seeing my agenda which is what matters on these boards..

I'm happy for you. As stated before, they all have a choice. If they are interested in following you I wish them luck. As I have said for years now, for me it is all about results. If your process provides results for their hitters that's all that matters.

We have had some good conversations over the years. And I have appreciated that. But I learned a few years back that your motivation and my motivation were not compatible.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
My point exactly. Most of the best players and best musicians hate teaching. They don't have the patience for others that aren't on their level which is basically 0.01%. So when ARod is "teaching" do you really think he is invested in you really understanding what the heck he is talking about?"

Most great players are Nick Burns the computer guy.

I agree but that wasn't me and I understand what the pros are saying.. I grew up a punch and Judy hitter and spent hours in front of the mirror after high school and college games troubleshooting my swing and movements..

May 12, 2016
You do realize that 99% of the time the best players make the worst coaches. Two way different skill sets. Remember when Belichick won that NFL mvp or that time Greg Popovich dropped 50 in a playoff game. Mike K and Roy Williams the All Americans. How has the greatest player ever been as a GM, coach? I love Michael Jordan, being a NC boy myself he is almost devine but the dude is a terrible GM and coach. I have seen him interact with players and it is terrible. I wouldn't want MJ coaching my son basketball as crazy as that sounds.

I have known filthy good musicians that couldn't teach you how to play mary had a little lamb, but could destroy their instrument of choice. I actually find it odd that you haven't experienced this in your own life enough to give you a little bit of pause.

You are like those dudes at the you can be a millionaire conferences. 1000 joe schmoes show up to hear how to get rich from a guy and the only guy getting rich is the guy they came to see.

Coaching is a whole different realm .. just because somebody can't coach doesn't mean they can't show you what made them great. Let's not confuse the two, because they are nothing alike at all, not one bit.

What I have experienced in my life is when you have a overwhelming amount of data (what the pros say and do) and the results prove the validity of that data, generally that data is something you want to model success after.

Never been to one of those conferences, but you seem to have a good grasp of it. Didn't work out for you? BTW, that guy getting rich is TM :) The guys I am listening to are already rich.. guess I'm just an ordinary Joe, no Schmoe

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Because you engage in the conversation every time his name is mentioned.. same with TTB, See what I'm doing here FP26, making generalizations based on my observations in this thread. Can you imagine if there were one hundred people just like you who did not follow TM, but I claimed they did because of what I perceive? It's almost kind of like those people who say the pros don't know what they talk about or do, and claim they do something else.

Just like your fearless leader I am interested in the truth. And while I dont follow TM, I know enough about his philosophy to realize that many of your posts concerning HLP are not accurate.

Nov 16, 2017
Coaching is a whole different realm .. just because somebody can't coach doesn't mean they can't show you what made them great. Let's not confuse the two, because they are nothing alike at all, not one bit.

What I have experienced in my life is when you have a overwhelming amount of data (what the pros say and do) and the results prove the validity of that data, generally that data is something you want to model success after.

Never been to one of those conferences, but you seem to have a good grasp of it. Didn't work out for you? BTW, that guy getting rich is TM :) The guys I am listening to are already rich..

Not with my money haha.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12