barrel/hand pivot point, a.k.a TTB

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
Why is it inconceivable that some really dont know? I'm good with numbers. I wont claim to be among the best in the world but I'm pretty good. I used to drive my one middle school teachers crazy. She always insisted that we show our work. I would routinely figure out the answer and then work backwards to figure out the steps she wanted. Honestly I always thought her steps made it more difficult. She would stand behind me and watch and then ask me how I did it. I couldn't tell her. I just did it. I really dont know how.
But they know how, that's the difference.. and you can see it in every swing.

Key word in your first sentence is "some".. try like 99% of the best hitters in the world. Your good with numbers, then that % should mean a lot to you.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
That came from Jack Mankin. Mankin research was ground breaking. Not that Mankin was 100% correct with how to swing a bat or hit a ball. He did impact everything now being discussed.

I'm not disputing Mankin's contributions. I'm disputing that TM claims to have invented the HL swing.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
But they know how, that's the difference.. and you can see it in every swing.

Key word in your first sentence is "some".. try like 99% of the best hitters in the world. Your good with numbers, then that % should mean a lot to you.

I'm trying my best here... Knowing how to do something and being able to explain it are two completely different skill sets. Maybe some day you will figure that out. Best of luck...

May 12, 2016
TM claims to know more about 99 % of the best hitters swings(TTB vs Down to) then they do themselves.. why wouldn't I be surprised?

Last edited:
May 12, 2016
I'm trying my best here... Knowing how to do something and being able to explain it are two completely different skill sets. Maybe some day you will figure that out. Best of luck...
Well you'd think some of them would figure it out wouldn't you? I would think at least 50% (and I am being generous since these are the best at what they do, world class) would know how they swing a bat and what they do at the plate. You are a numbers guy, think about those %'s. They overwhelming majority say "down to", I guess they are all pros who don't have a damn clue.. but hey let's follow the 2nd coming babe ruth, TM, "She Gone"

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Rich's, students don't match but claims they do (fraud !!!) With all his AJ success and exposure you would think every MLB player would be knocking his door down :).. Or maybe they don't know what they're seeing when looking at video of his students and methods.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
7cecfJU.gif

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Well you'd think some of them would figure it out wouldn't you? I would think at least 50% (and I am being generous since these are the best at what they do, world class) would know how they swing a bat and what they do at the plate. You are a numbers guy, think about those %'s. They overwhelming majority say "down to", I guess they are all pros who don't have a damn clue.. but hey let's follow the 2nd coming babe ruth, TM, "She Gone"

You still seem to have trouble following my posts. Yet I'm supposed to believe that you unlocked the key to what the pros are talking about. Sorry but I dont buy it.