barrel/hand pivot point, a.k.a TTB

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Sorry but Julray is his own guy (No PM convos :cool:) and reads and tries things before commenting..

Please point out my inaccuracies so we can all debate and learn.

The post you copied was one I replied to julray ,not you. I believe you and I both know the points we differ on.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
The post you copied was one I replied to julray ,not you. I believe you and I both know the points we differ on.

I appear to be swing and missing tonight..

forced ttb ?
one legged ?

I know at one point you have stated you never got into a hitting position before swinging in your playing days.. Have you tried since ? What were the results ?

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Everyone here has their own ways of learning. Personally my preference is to hear/read each person's beliefs. The book of hitting by TDS. The book of hitting by SwingBuilder. Etc. It is then up to me to determine what path I want to follow. I'm not interested in someone telling me that someone else is wrong. That is up to me to decide. You mentioned that julray reads and experiments. I respect that. That is my MO as well. That said I do realize that some people dont want to spend the time and would rather have someone tell them what to do so that they dont have to think about it themselves. That may be fine for them but I'm not interested in that method.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania

forced ttb ?
one legged ?

1) not a fan of the word forced. Could mean many things. You focus on a pulling core but admit TTB happens at some point. Wouldn't that mean TTB is forced by a pulling core?

2) I think you tend to over exaggerate what 1 legged means just like the old timers at BBD tend to over exaggerate some of your points.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
1) not a fan of the word forced. Could mean many things. You focus on a pulling core but admit TTB happens at some point. Wouldn't that mean TTB is forced by a pulling core?

No its a reaction to the pulling core.

2) I think you tend to over exaggerate what 1 legged means just like the old timers at BBD tend to over exaggerate some of your points.

Please define your version of one legged. We know Rich believes in 2 pivot points and the front side has no value until the rear leg/hip calls on it.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania

forced ttb ?
one legged ?

I know at one point you have stated you never got into a hitting position before swinging in your playing days.. Have you tried since ? What were the results ?

At that point I was having trouble understanding what you meant by hitting position. After a while I figured out that all you meant was the transition point between pattern and sequence.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania

A reaction is still forced by something. That is what makes it a reaction.

I will answer your other question tomorrow morning. Easier by adding a gif or two and I dont like doing that from my cellphone.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
At that point I was having trouble understanding what you meant by hitting position. After a while I figured out that all you meant was the transition point between pattern and sequence.

Sorry, I don't have a clue how pattern and sequence is tied into the hitting position.. I hope you're not going with SB's claim of me attempting to rename fbc with bb/a$$.. bb/a$$ has a release/relax piece while fbc never releases but rides it out... Also fbc is a rear leg/hip thing while bb/a$$ is tied to the core and the fyb position is the result.

Most hitters never get into a dynamic fyb position, but instead let the pitcher dictate when they swing either from the rear leg or a compromised rear leg/hip releationship (front leg).

Last edited:

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
A reaction is still forced by something. That is what makes it a reaction.

The barrel turn is a result of a pulling contracting core. Every hitter even the worst swings in the game the barrel is turned.

I will answer your other question tomorrow morning. Easier by adding a gif or two and I dont like doing that from my cellphone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45