Ball recommendations

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 21, 2013
We have recently started a travel ball team at the 10U level for the fall season and all of the balls we have are the worth reduced injury factor balls which are not used in travel ball tournaments or friendlies. What type of 11" ball do you recommend for play in friendlies, PGF and Triple Crown games?

Thanks in advance

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
I like the Dudley 11" SBC or the Worth 11" Dream Seam. Both are good leather balls with nice seams for pitchers.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
After having used just about everything out there at one time or another, I strictly use Dudley Thunder Heat leather balls now. They seem to last the longest. My pitchers love them since they have great seams and don't wear down as fast as others. I love them because I can get about a year of hitting out of them with 11-12 girls hitting twice a week and DD hitting a third day. Every year I buy a new dozen for my pitchers to warm-up with before games. I break out 2 new ones about every 6 weeks or so. The old warm-up balls get rotated into the bucket to replace the worst hitting balls.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Dont get sticker shock on buying balls though. Be advised you are gonna pay good money for a good ball. Dont go cheap because you will get exactly that. Leather is best or even a pro-comp ball for a tad less. Stay away from the cheap synthetic (for the most part) if you plan on these balls being used a lot and if you want them to last.

If you are just buying one or two dozen yourself, you are gonna be paying 55-75 bucks a dozen depending on where you buy, w/tax, shipping or whatever.

I have told people before. If you are a organization and have the money to buy all the balls at one time for a year...hook up with a league, or someone that stocks balls (most stores wont give you crap off the cost). They buy once a year and order a very good quantity and get great discounts.
For example, I order once a year in the very beginning of a year for all my local leagues, teams, individuals. With the amount I order, I get free shipping as well to me, which can be huge money with weight size. You can literally save 10-15 bucks a dozen if the guy doesnt try and screw you.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2009
DD always like the Worth Dream Seam for pitching, and it does have a good raised seam.

We would get them at Academy Sports for $3.99 on sale, regular price is like $5.99.

02Crush

Way past gone
Aug 28, 2011
The Crazy Train
I like the Dudley 11" SBC or the Worth 11" Dream Seam. Both are good leather balls with nice seams for pitchers.

ditto. We ended up using the Worth Dream Seams back when we were in 10U. Pitchers loved the soft feel of the leather and the seams. Balls never lasted long though. They cut easy when hitting anything. Which is good fro grip until an umpire checks it and then it just becomes costly. :) D not go cheap on the balls though....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877