Bad News Bears

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I posted this on facebook but I knew you guys would appreciate this more than them. I was watching the Bad News Bears-Breaking Training a few months ago when they take a trip to Houston to play the Toros. During one of the scenes they were at a baseball facility practicing, and I nearly fell out of my chair realizing these are the same 2 fields my DD TB team practiced at for 4 years. They turned them into softball fields at some point and some of the stuff has changed. The bleachers are no longer there but those same green trash cans are still there!

Attachments

• Practice Facility 2.jpg
    Practice Facility 2.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 61

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
Loved the first two movies growing up. Actually watched both of them with my girls (11 and 9) about a month ago and had no recollection about some of the things they said in those movies. Obviously times have changed but its crazy to think about what was acceptable back then compared to now.

I had to laugh bc when it came to the scene where they were in the hotel room and Carmen gives the guys some playboys, I was FF’ing through that and my 11yo says, “why would you ff through them just fighting over some magazines”? I was thinking yeeaahh we dont need to have a conversation about whats in Playboys haha

Feb 20, 2019
Bad News Bears is possibly my all time favorite movie and I watch it at least once every year, usually before the start of the season. It always serves as a great reminder to let the kids play the game and not get too concerned about wins and losses. I remember watching Breaking Training in the theater, when the Astrodome was called the 8th wonder of the world.

Awesome that your DD practiced in the Toros facility!

Fun facts about The Bad New Bears cast:

* Amanda, aka, Tatum O'Neal, dated Michael Jackson in the late 70s, before dating, marrying and having 3 children with tennis star, John McEnroe
* Only 1 player on the Bad New Bears team had ever played baseball prior to landing the role in the movie
* Kelly Leak, aka "that's one bad mutha," aka Jackie Earle Haley, had a hard time transitioning from a child actor to an adult actor and quit acting in the early 90s. Sean Penn encouraged him to get back into acting in 2006. He was nominated for an Academy Award for his role in Little Children. He starred as Freddy Krueger in the 2010 remake of Nightmare on Elm Street (he auditioned for the original in 1984, but lost the job to Robert Englund) and also played Rorschach in Watchmen.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06