College websites team stuff

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2023
Following different players on their college teams have noticed that there's a big disparity in the college's website information available. Even following teams in the same conference as each other seeing this happen.

🙂Some teams have all this preseason information. Behind the scenes player scoop. What's happening with the program. News type information.
Can follow the dynamic of the team. Keeps interest and connection of How It's developing.

😕 Yet at other colleges no articles since last December. (Some colleges nothing further back than that.) Nothing current building interest about what the program is doing or where they are this season. 🤷‍♀️What? Why not?

🤷‍♀️ what's the dealio? Information keeps people connected...why would that get ignored with some programs?

May 27, 2013
I know with DD’s school they don’t do player bios or do many updates in the off-season. Not sure if the coaches have access to the web site to enter info or if it has to go through IT. I don’t think any of her school’s teams do bios.

DS’ school just does very brief bios.

Both D3 programs.

I’m sure schools that have more than 2 coaches have more time to be able to update the web sites.

Aug 3, 2016
Following different players on their college teams have noticed that there's a big disparity in the college's website information available. Even following teams in the same conference as each other seeing this happen.

🙂Some teams have all this preseason information. Behind the scenes player scoop. What's happening with the program. News type information.
Can follow the dynamic of the team. Keeps interest and connection of How It's developing.

😕 Yet at other colleges no articles since last December. (Some colleges nothing further back than that.) Nothing current building interest about what the program is doing or where they are this season. 🤷‍♀️What? Why not?

🤷‍♀️ what's the dealio? Information keeps people connected...why would that get ignored with some programs?
Money

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
You would think that a journalist student would love to run and update the teams website. Write a couple stories a week or interview a coach or player. Maybe pay them a couple grand for the season???
The AD and HC need to be better at promoting their teams. Something tells me the men's basketball and football teams have somebody actively updating and promoting their teams.

May 27, 2013
You would think that a journalist student would love to run and update the teams website. Write a couple stories a week or interview a coach or player. Maybe pay them a couple grand for the season???
The AD and HC need to be better at promoting their teams. Something tells me the men's basketball and football teams have somebody actively updating and promoting their teams.
At DD’s school all the teams are pretty much treated the same. Write ups after games but really nothing else in the off-season. I don’t believe any of the teams have player bios.

I know one of the current players runs the SB team‘s social media. They will post game clips from all home games, as well as off-season activities. The school does a really nice series where they follow student-athletes during the summer if they have internships. I think for DD’s school, the bigger push is social media instead of the teams’ web pages.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
DD's school really upped their social media game in her last 2 years. Camera person travelled with the team on a occasion too. They did a video bio interview on DD before she graduated. The only player in her recruiting class that made it all 4 years.

Sep 3, 2013
Illinois
Depends on the schools SID(Sports Information Director). If the SID assigned to women's softball has other sports to cover, especially higher profile one's like basketball, etc...softball will usually suffer. I also think if the Head or Assistants can form a good relationship with the SID, that can directly impact the coverage as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles