Parent Drama - need advice.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2018
A lot of good advice offered in this thread, but I would not overlook this one... specifically the bolded part. I saw quite a bit of this type of issue throughout my daughter's travel ball career. With zero exceptions, the parents that cause the most problems typically find a new team to torture every season.

It's gotten to where I almost want to reach out the new coach who gets them and let them know what they're in for.

Oct 24, 2022
Hey all! I completely forgot about this thread. Thank you for all of your responses and advice!
Update - Our team is still the same in terms of roster. Coaches are well aware of the issues that were created and see it for themselves. I've spoken to the owner of our facility as well and changes have been made some. I believe they've handled it well. The family I mentioned in my original post and I rarely speak, if ever. I say hi to be the bigger person but that's about as far as it goes - and I'm okay with that. I try to steer clear of them in general. This family has not changed in terms of how they 'feel'. Our team frequently posts team updates and photos on social media. This family (right down to even the grandparents) react ('like') to every single player's photo's or posts EXCEPT my daughter. Any mention of my daughter, they skip over completely. They're still holding on strong to their ill feelings. So petty and childish but I've learned to ignore their behavior and go with the flow. My daughter is doing great and we are looking forward to wrapping up our off-season (though we have a few months left beings in we're in S.Dak) and jumping into tournament season.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Hey all! I completely forgot about this thread. Thank you for all of your responses and advice!
Update - Our team is still the same in terms of roster. Coaches are well aware of the issues that were created and see it for themselves. I've spoken to the owner of our facility as well and changes have been made some. I believe they've handled it well. The family I mentioned in my original post and I rarely speak, if ever. I say hi to be the bigger person but that's about as far as it goes - and I'm okay with that. I try to steer clear of them in general. This family has not changed in terms of how they 'feel'. Our team frequently posts team updates and photos on social media. This family (right down to even the grandparents) react ('like') to every single player's photo's or posts EXCEPT my daughter. Any mention of my daughter, they skip over completely. They're still holding on strong to their ill feelings. So petty and childish but I've learned to ignore their behavior and go with the flow. My daughter is doing great and we are looking forward to wrapping up our off-season (though we have a few months left beings in we're in S.Dak) and jumping into tournament season.
As parents we all do the best we can to help our children develop into responsible adults. Unfortunately, some people never reach that stage no matter how old they get.

I am glad to hear that your coaches/team are aware of the situation and trying to help.

Oct 4, 2018

Well that's mostly good news. Congrats.

I have a family I simply pretend doesn't exist. They were horrible to me, the coaching staff (I was part of it) and others. They never lift a finger to help any team they're on, and 3 teams they've been on have folded and when I hear about why, their name comes up. Fortunately for me, when they started acting up they were kicked off the team. I wish more coaches did that. I wish that for you. My philosophy is that there isn't room on my team for people that petty and mean. I know your circumstances are different.

Jul 31, 2019
It's gotten to where I almost want to reach out the new coach who gets them and let them know what they're in for.
Softball is a small world, where it doesn't take long for cancerous players rep's get around. If I have a player that tries out, I do a lot of research on her before I offer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802